Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: ArmA:CWA night?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://store.steampowered.com/app/65790/

It's free until Monday, 19th.

I never played OFP before and I'm wondering what its like. Would anyone be up for a special night where we play    CWA instead of A2/A3?  Tongue
I understood CWA is free till forever, only Arma 3 is limited to weekend. If someone would be willing to host or start a server, I would be willing to participate. It was a great game back in 2010, last time it was played on CiA, it's probably still a great game, also till forever.
(05-18-2014, 04:49 AM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]I understood CWA is free till forever, only Arma 3 is limited to weekend
To my understanding, only if you buy it during the weekend.

Unfortunately, I can't add another night, but if someone puts up a server I can send his way all of the old OFP CiA addons and missions.
On version 1.99 I did not crash and stuff but after I added the CiA Addons + the downpatch to 1.96 I crash on all the missions (maybe I did something wrong)
(05-18-2014, 04:49 AM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]I understood CWA is free till forever, only Arma 3 is limited to weekend. If someone would be willing to host or start a server, I would be willing to participate. It was a great game back in 2010, last time it was played on CiA, it's probably still a great game, also till forever.

No, the offer is only available until monday. You need to add it to your library by then. But after you add it ,it will be yours for ever and ever Smile
(05-18-2014, 09:46 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]On version 1.99 I did not crash and stuff but after I added the CiA Addons + the downpatch to 1.96 I crash on all the missions (maybe I did something wrong)

Maybe it's the downpatch? I think anything below 1.99 isn't CWA, it's OFP.
I already have the game but got the steam version anyways,now i remember the last time i installed it and still the same with steam version?
I get this crazy mouse/lag/input delay even on the main options screen - any ideas?
(05-18-2014, 09:20 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]To my understanding, only if you buy it during the weekend.

Yes. Download this weekend, and you can keep it. Afterwards, it will cost money again.

(05-18-2014, 09:20 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I can't add another night, but if someone puts up a server I can send his way all of the old OFP CiA addons and missions.

I don't think I can commit to it, but I would join now and then. Like Outlwaz, I mostly missed OFP online play (tried it once through my dial-up account I had back in the days, and wondered why you'd become a bird when you were dead Big Grin)
(05-18-2014, 11:03 AM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]I get this crazy mouse/lag/input delay even on the main options screen - any ideas?

No input delay here, but a hypersensitive mouse. I managed to tone the sensitivity down, but if I go too low, the mouse starts moving on a 5mm grid. :p

Also the game froze while changing Terrain settings in Video options.
Crazy - yeah just upping the settings slightly cured it lol dragging the sliders rather than clicking left and right helped too.  ;D
(05-18-2014, 09:59 AM)freeman link Wrote: [ -> ]No, the offer is only available until monday. You need to add it to your library by then. But after you add it ,it will be yours for ever and ever Smile

Yes, that was what I wanted to say, if you download it this weekend it is free, I'm not speaking very precisely at 5am.
If you have original OFP download CWC and install with that key.
I remember having a folder on my External HD of all the addons for OFP we used back then. Why don't we all just get the dust of all the cases and use the real deal.  8) 
FDF for the win!
Finmod IS still the best mod ever released in the history of OFP/Arma.

Personally, I want to keep OFP as a sweet memory. Nostalgia aside, I guess that playing it now will just feel odd and disappointing.
I played OFP mp only for about a year, so I guess there are thousands of missions I didn't play yet.

On the other hand, 2 nights per week is maximum I can dedicate for coops. But OFP from time to time would be great.
Pages: 1 2