Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 2 server added with TFAR Radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For all Arma 2 players! We are happy to announce that we have added TFAR Radio to the Arma 2 server as well. Please install it from this link - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25864. Note that it requires Arma 2 Beta version. Get it here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php. From now on, make sure to run beta on the Arma 2 CiA coop nights!
Do not forget to use @CBA_CO for beta patches http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231
...and I think is best to use same version of beta patch like we have on server  Wink
Yeah, server will always have the latest beta patch. Let's all stick to that.
K. Those using PwS will get the latest beta by default anyway. Should make sure people know to delete the ace.pbo as well, or there'll be errors.

(06-07-2014, 12:15 PM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]Should make sure people know to delete the ace.pbo as well, or there'll be errors.
Ah damn, should have emailed that part as well. All, please delete the pbo that says ace...
Right now server run 1.62.105785 version. The current beta version is 1.63.xxx and...
Quote:WARNING: this build is major build 1.63.x thus not compatible backward with 1.62 clients !
both client and server must have this beta build

We will use 1.62.xxx or 1.63.xx branch? Last non steam is 1.63.112555.

(06-07-2014, 12:18 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Ah damn, should have emailed that part as well. All, please delete the pbo that says ace...
Yoma repo don't have task_force_ace_radios.pbo  Wink
(06-07-2014, 12:20 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]Yoma repo don't have task_force_ace_radios.pbo  Wink

Ah, cool. Ignore the message I just posted in your thread then Smile

Neither does the mod that PwS users will get, so it's only manual installers who'll need to delete the file themselves.
(06-07-2014, 12:20 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]Right now server run 1.62.105785 version. The current beta version is 1.63.xxx and...
We will use 1.62.xxx or 1.63.xx branch? Last non steam is 1.63.112555.
Yoma repo don't have task_force_ace_radios.pbo  Wink
We will always use the latest.
(06-07-2014, 01:24 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]We will always use the latest.

so i pressume the link you provided in the Steam CiA announcement is wrong because there you can only find the latest non-steam Beta, which is not actually the latest Beta .

So people should update Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead through STEAM, by right clicking the game>Proprieties>Betas tab> Select " - beta " from the dropbox ?
(06-07-2014, 08:24 PM)freeman link Wrote: [ -> ]so i pressume the link you provided in the Steam CiA announcement is wrong because there you can only find the latest non-steam Beta, which is not actually the latest Beta .
I was referring to the server, not the clients. We will try to keep the server updated with the latest betas as they are released.
http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php does have the latest beta 112555, which is the latest available on PwS as well. Are you sure there's a more recent version on STEAM?

I don't think it will matter anyway, as long as everyone's using a fairly recent beta. It's rare that there's a change that causes problems when clients are using different versions, the last one I can recall was a while ago when they made changes to VON which caused problems for clients using older betas but even then the problem was limited to VON, which we don't use anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
(06-07-2014, 10:56 PM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php does have the latest beta 112555, which is the latest available on PwS as well. Are you sure there's a more recent version on STEAM?

I don't think it will matter anyway, as long as everyone's using a fairly recent beta. It's rare that there's a change that causes problems when clients are using different versions, the last one I can recall was a while ago when they made changes to VON which caused problems for clients using older betas but even then the problem was limited to VON, which we don't use anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The latest one on Steam is 112555, but that one is not compatible with 1.62 servers. It depends on the server version installed. Which one is it?
(06-07-2014, 11:18 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]The latest one on Steam is 112555, but that one is not compatible with 1.62 servers. It depends on the server version installed. Which one is it?

The beta server is still running 1.62.105785 at the moment it seems. Is there anyone who can update it before Tuesday, as Variable's going to be busy for a while?
Terox will take care of it until Tuesday. Please check today or tomorrow and buzz him if it's still not updated.
(06-08-2014, 06:57 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Terox will take care of it until Tuesday. Please check today or tomorrow and buzz him if it's still not updated.

I don't think anyone of us has any means to buzz him, only via BIS forum, I think, and I'm not sure he is reading that frequently
Pages: 1 2