Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Dynamic Cover System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25718

I thought it looks like a pretty interesting addon where you auto adjust your stance to stay behind cover and aim to pop out and search. Reminds me of one of Red Orchestra 2's features and a lot of people mention BF4 in the beginning of the thread (I assume people overlook games before that have system A and go for the latest game that uses system A as a first... I'm pretty sure last is the opposite of first).

For lower/higher crouch I find it useful. I still prefer manual leaning though. What'd you guys think?
I'll give it a test but i fear that anything "automatic" removes control from the player and soon or later it will do something that wasn't intended (maybe it works great, though).

As example there is also a temporary stance adjustement addon that lets you return to your original position automatically after each position switch, but i don't like it.

EDIT: Okay, ran a quick test. Out of 30 tries it triggered only 3-4 times and the few times it does, my character steps to the opposite side i'd want him to (he steps on cover instead of out from it, or usually he prefers to step right). Anyway i'm too used to control this type of movements on my own, an automatic movement is not something i would rely too much on (for the reason i wrote above).

Thanks for sharing though.
well, I'm sticking to manual then Tongue