Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-12-2014, 07:05 PM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]I tried installing unofficial patch 1.05-1.11 but it says I need 1.63 Arma 2? So I have to install Arma 2 on Steam?

As far as I can tell you need Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead installed as Combined Operations. Did you use Play With Six? It installed and updated everything automatically
(08-12-2014, 05:55 PM)McGregor link Wrote: [ -> ]Wooohoo WW2! Really looking forward to this. I'm in the processes of converting my IF to Arma2. What other mods will be needed tonight? MK4, FHQ_Command, TFAR??
Let's start with mk4 and FHQ, TFAR isn't running yet on the server
(08-12-2014, 07:14 PM)McGregor link Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I can tell you need Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead installed as Combined Operations. Did you use Play With Six? It installed and updated everything automatically

Yeah, I've only got ArmA2 1.62 installed and it launches IF lite via PwS without error.
ok, seems like TFAR works nicely - it will simply make our voices directional and won't add modern radios. Leaders get a LR radio but that can be dropped.
Well I managed to get it working with PwS eventually. Once I'd installed the steam 1.63 version of OA and then synced that over my old 1.62 version on my SSD (under A2CO in PwS I have Game Directory pointing to s:\games\arma2oa and the ArmA2 Game Directory pointing to S:\Games\ArmA 2), I just had to untick the "Always use beta patch" setting, otherwise PwS would keep launching with the older, non-steam beta exe.

I've updated the PwS profiles with TFAR-noACE and created one for IF Full users. They'll still have to do the install/conversion as per https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-iss...CO_version but once they've done that, they can use the Profile to launch with:

:required_mods:
- "@IF"
- "@@if_other_addons"
- "@lib_dlc_1"
- "@MK4"
- "@FHQ_CommandBarLabel"
- "@tfar_co_a2_noACE"
:allowed_mods:
- "@sthud"

Profile for Lite: pws://ciahome.net/six/cia-if.yml

Profile for Full: pws://ciahome.net/six/cia-if-full.yml
Do you want me to update TFAR for A2 with the RC3?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2761180
I don't see why not?
OK, done.
Thanks, I'll update the server.
Edit: Server updated.
Hi Chaps. With the recent release of Iron front standalone for Arma 3 and the Normandy DLC now within Arma 3. Are you chaps planning on running any regular mission events with these mods? I would be very interested in participating and helping out if you wanted.

Best wishes

Chief
Hey Chief!
No such plans currently. I saw your post on the IF forums. Good luck with that! Where do you get your missions from?
(10-24-2014, 10:10 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Chief!
No such plans currently. I saw your post on the IF forums. Good luck with that! Where do you get your missions from?

Thanks for the reply Variable.

I'm very keen to get like minded coop players into Iron Front in Arma 3. Trying to muster the troops, as they say! I made a lot of coop missions for IF vanilla when it was launched. I am in the process of converting these to IFA3 at the moment. Also, I am adjusting coop missions from the Iron Front mission repository to run in Arma 3. e.g. Sanders and Staglers coop mission packs.

If you change your plans to run Iron Front in Arma 3 on your server, then please give me a shout and I would be happy to contribute missions and/or help out in coop mission events.

Cheers

Chief
Pages: 1 2