Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CWR2 v1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-10-2014, 09:01 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]CWR2 v1.0 is out. See first post for details.
Wooot.

That new island looks awesome. Too bad they will never make a CWR3 Sad
Oh man...  looks like someone's hatred for BIS is coming through in the loading screen.
(08-11-2014, 04:59 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man...  looks like someone's hatred for BIS is coming through in the loading screen.

Yeah, somewhat childish, if you ask me...
Plus, for a final release, I honestly wonder if ANYONE actually played it.. the amount of script errors, even game breaking ones, are staggering... For example, the opening cutscene of Resistance is suddenly at day, not at night, since the script that sets the time breaks...

I guess they require 1.62 to play it since no one could be bothered to do a 1.63 upgrade to evil Steam...

sigh... I was looking forward to this mod
In that case, I'm going to check out unsung.
Ok, I saw OMAC post on Armaholic forum that there are no errors... turns out my Arma 2installation is botched... when I add a function module myself, I get errors...

Time to reinstall
How the time flies when you are on a holiday. Was I away for so long?

I already played through the campaigns in earlier versions, they were not that buggy so far I can remember. I practically stormed through them knowing exactly how to beat the missions from OFP, so yeah, faithful conversion.

As for Arma 2 vs Arma 3 - the former is still strong compared to the latter, still better in many aspects, and it's not just about user made content quantity or quality.
(08-11-2014, 10:19 PM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]As for Arma 2 vs Arma 3 - the former is still strong compared to the latter, still better in many aspects, and it's not just about user made content quantity or quality.

It's mostly a matter of personal taste, though as a content creator Arma 3 makes things much easier for me. My original ACR pack for Arma 2 had around 120 different models. Now, I have 8. Two if I use hidden selections for reskinning weapons, something that didn't even work in Arma 2.

So for me, it's only natural to chose Arma 3 over Arma 2 when making stuff.
Hold my calls, I'm fighting the Ruskies on Malden with my rusty M60 tank. Damn, this is so fun...
Pages: 1 2