Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - CO 11 Court Marshalled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Updated mission.

Removed a few enemy armor APC and a squad of enemy reinforcements. Should be from 164 enemy to about 118 now (15 of them are standing light armed grunts briefing from their officer).

Updated the briefing with some more hints (you can crash a couple vehicles while undercover to make a "car accident" or "chopper accident").

If you shoot a Merkerva at point blank with AP round at its engine, 2 good shot will blow it up (anywhere else and a Marshall is screwed).

Since I disable the chopper, during my testing, the offmap tank reinforcements manage to deal a good blow to the enemy armor and there were practically none remaning except for the AA stuff (so I didn't call the choppers). One tank did survive plenty of lucky shots and another tank die from stupidity. Seems like the Mariid reinforcement sucks since usually the infantry on board will die before they get out. Not sure how this will go but I seem to get a bit more positive result while testing SP on my own. I removed the suggestion to attack from inside the base since that was a horrible idea.

*By the way, remember you got some extra AT in the back of the Marshall so don't get it kill*

My suggested approach below (HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILERS)
Drive the Marshall into the base and crash the helicopter a bit without killing infantries to damage the chopper enough that the pilot must disembark. Enemy will now not have any chopper support (which would wreck everyone). Optional to crash a couple MRAP along the way but you won't be successful. Theres a repair truck inside the base. Drive to the southwest area with the Marshall facing towards the airport. Go behind it, zero in to 100 meter and use AP round on the engine, 2-3 times and the Marshall will explode. Now there are 3 Merkervas left on the map which gives your T100s an advantage of 4 to 3. Immediately drive to the airbase away from enemy line of sight while attacking any MRAP that are alerted behind you then call in armor reinforcements. Circle around to the western side of Sharpur and head up along the edge until you reach the ruins west of the military base. Disembark marshall and grab AT weapons or whatsoever and attack the base from the west while supporting the armor. Try to take out the enemy AA vehicles with the Titan or something. The T100 might be able to take out the static Titan launcher on the roof. If 4 of those are destroyed, then you can call in the helicopter. Some of the T100 might get taken out in a stupid way or disabled (you have an engineer, use him)
Players should start inside the vehicle now.
The mission works now but I don't see how can we fight all those enemies, even with gunship and armour support. Maybe I'm missing out something here, but currently, this mission seems impossible now.
(12-22-2014, 11:55 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]The mission works now but I don't see how can we fight all those enemies, even with gunship and armour support. Maybe I'm missing out something here, but currently, this mission seems impossible now.
I would 1st bump into a few choppers at the base so they won't be able to fly anymore.

After that, I would find a tank and shoot it in the rear until it blows up. I would call in the armor reinforcement after. They would do damage but they will also be eliminated. Engineers can repair damage vehicles and infantries can take them or crewmen if you don't want to board the marshall anymore since weak firepower.

I hope there's little vehicles enough left to AT them (there's PCML in trucks at the base too, though, maybe its a bit defended for that, not sure yes or no after some guys get clear out or if you manage to salvage a friendly or enemy tank, but without the enemy choppers since they're damaged, you won't have to worry about them).

I'll only call in the air reinforcement after taking out the 2 AA launchers on the roof and AA vehicles by the chopper area. Salvaging a tank after armor reinforcements might help I guess, I did thought about getting more missiles from PCML in the base but that'd be a harder grab. Abandon tanks, maybe not so much, not sure though.
(12-22-2014, 10:57 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]I would 1st bump into a few choppers at the base so they won't be able to fly anymore.

Oh come on. That's gamey... nobody would do that in reality and not raise suspicioun.
(12-23-2014, 01:01 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Oh come on. That's gamey... nobody would do that in reality and not raise suspicioun.
The range between suspicion and opening fire is still rather long.
(12-23-2014, 01:01 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Oh come on. That's gamey... nobody would do that in reality and not raise suspicioun.
I was debating about that.... but I didn't felt like removing the helicopter yet so I couldn't think up of any idea to make the mission not impossible. Mission approach I guess went bad to start with with a trojan horse trick (it would probably be better now with CUP stuff and modern units for like a sneak in a back of a truck and take out some guerillas or something with non-futuristic not overpowered stuff). Marshall doesn't have too much firepower and the other enemy units have a high amount of firepower.

It'd be a pain in the ass to script AI to be like "Halt, wtf are you doing" to start with too. It's one of the mission I attempted to try something interesting, but I guess this one ain't going to work.

I guess this mission shall go in the backburner then if that's the case.

I thought if I did another trojan horse style mission, maybe a convoy truck into a less defended base is better (problem with standard Arma 3 stuff when I made at the time was that there are a lack of lighter powered stuff since Arma 3 lacks content without addons).
The mission's got potential Phantom, we actually didn't even try to move into the base as you suggested.
And about ramming the choppers - if a friendly APC would ram a parked chopper in a military base, in real life, it would take A LOT of time until someone shoots at it, so I don't see any problem with doing that.
Pages: 1 2