Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Converting your BI Store Arma 2 to Steam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you know, the latest patch of Arma 2 is only distributed through Steam and Steam became a necessity for playing due to the Gamespy shutdown.

However, any retail version of Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead can now be converted into a Steam version. Here's how:

Start Steam, and select "Activate a product on Steam" in the Games menu. When asked, enter the CD key of your retail version. Repeat this for every game you have (Arma 2, OA, BAF, PMC, ACR).

Then, download Arma 2, OA, BAF and PMC (select Install in Steam).

When all is downloaded, run Arma 2 once. Then, quit Steam, and re-start it as Admin. Then, run OA. It should then install all the DLC one after another. Click Single Player and then Editor, and check if there's all islands (Utes, Chernarus, Takistan and the DLC islands etc).  This makes sure you have all the stuff.

Quit OA again, and quit Steam, relaunch Steam normally. You are now ready to play
Thanks Varanon worked like a charm! Now I just have to convert Iron Front, again *sigh*. I'll do it manually this time
Thanks Varanon.

I'd just add my 2 cents if someone encounters the same problem I had:

If BAF and PMC give you errors on start, reinstall them and make sure you run them via Steam once.