Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - CO 12 Avengence Needle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Situation: CSAT forces have expanded their conquest out of the Middle East into the West. After failing to take Israel in the South East, CSAT forces have expanded and conquered Turkey and Bulgaria. They are now heading into Greece and have slaughtered any civilians in the way who does not follow Sharia Laws under their new leader. After retreating from Agia Marina from the new CSAT regime and witnessing atrocities, your rag tag group of guerillas decided to take revenge on your CSAT aggressors despite the fact that they have superior weaponry versus your group of men with pistols. Scouts reported that a CSAT convoy is on its way to Agia Marina. We must take out that reinforcement convoy before it support the murderers in Agia Marina, then we must kill all murderers and escape the island. Scouts also report CSAT armor forces moving in Agia Marina so we must act fast and escape. The convoy also was reported to have a satellite to help us look for the murderers faster.

Mission: Clear the road block, ambush the convoy, kill the murderers in Agia Marina, escape.

Enemies: CSAT under their new extremist leader.

Required Addons: None
Sounds great!
Quote:they have superior weaponry versus your group of men with pistols.

Are you using Psycho's revive? Because I recently made a mission where you had pistols only and you can't use the first aid option to revive unless you have a rifle, it just stops 10% in (guess no animation for unarmed/pistols)
(08-14-2014, 08:42 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Psycho's revive? Because I recently made a mission where you had pistols only and you can't use the first aid option to revive unless you have a rifle, it just stops 10% in (guess no animation for unarmed/pistols)
Outlawz could you please let Psycho know about that?
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ing-System
As Outlawz pointed out, the mission didn't let us heal anyone because of the pistols.

Besides, it was incredibly laggy for me. I checked and found there are almost 150 units on the map, if most of them are in the town, then the lag is no surprise.

Also: 150 Units???
Half of those are the armor reinforcements that you must escape from (basically the reinforcements when you take too long and you're screw by then). The rest are inside the truck (I assume you can take over the MG post and mow down the trucks before troops get out) burning them in the process.

Other than that, there's only 13 guys in Agia Marina, 19 guys at the outpost (12 dudes in trucks waiting to jump out). The big blob are the reinforcements you must avoid, and 4 trucks full of troops you must destroy.
Should I give everyone and empty Sting smg to see if that fix the can't heal units problem?
I think the problems with the missions are more serious than that. going up with pistol against a well defended checkpoint is a suicide mission. It would be possible inside a town where you can get close without getting detected and use cover. Although my appeal to pistols and SMGs, right now it just feels wrong...
Hmm, it worked out in Frosty Needle back in Arma 2 (but I guess the armor system for Arma 3 would make this a suicide mission)
Also I suggest not to dress everybody the same, we looked like storm troopers Smile
(09-08-2014, 07:12 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Also I suggest not to dress everybody the same, we looked like storm troopers Smile

This might help, replace with uniforms you want

Quote:_randomUniform = ["U_I_G_resistanceLeader_F","U_C_Poloshirt_tricolour","U_BG_Guerilla1_1","U_BG_Guerilla2_2","U_BG_Guerilla2_1","U_BG_Guerilla2_3","U_BG_leader","U_C_Poor_1"] call bis_fnc_selectRandom;
_this forceAddUniform _randomUniform;
Thanks for the random command outlawz, that'll be helpful.
Updated Mission

- Units now wear different uniforms (I kept the same masks though)
- Pistols are now replaced with SMGs (medic has an SMG with one mag, but have ammo with the Zubr)
- Used psycho's script from one of FHQ missions to make sure things might not get a bit mess up
- Removed a few reinforcement tanks (they're still going to oblierate you when they come anyways, so be fast before reinforcements arrive)
- Remove 2-3 foot soldiers at the road block
- Added 1 HE RPGs in each truck
Updated Mission
- Fix accidental script error with ammobox script for the trucks
- Replace old change loadout with FHQ safeAddLoadout
ffs, i realize I forgot to move the rest of the convoy's waypoints into the town so they jump out of the vehicle early and went there on foot instead ... amateur mistake...

I thought we clear the compound quite quick for the AI screw up, shall I increase the convoy time?
Pages: 1 2