Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FOOTHOLD feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-15-2014, 04:30 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]...
Yes, as you can see doveman's debriefing post, his team was too big for the job and didn't see much action. I guess you should reduce his team as he suggests.
The attack on the airfield was a bit disappointing - it should be the peak of the mission. I suggest adding more defenses there.

Good points Variable, mission is almost updated based on suggestions.
(08-18-2014, 06:00 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ].................

if (isServer) then {
  [] spawn { sleep <time in seconds until weather changes>; execVM "weatherCHange.sqf";};
};

i.e. only run it on the server, and rely on the weather synchronization.

IF you require a local effect (like, playing sound effects), things get a bit more complicated but not too much. In that case I would use

Thanks a lot mate, i wasted a lot of time trying to learn how to deal with weather issue. I'll test your solution tomorrow.

BTW, any suggestions about the timer, should i use a public variable that will become false so the timer doesn't run again on JIP?
(08-18-2014, 10:43 PM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, any suggestions about the timer, should i use a public variable that will become false so the timer doesn't run again on JIP?

Not necessary, the isServer part is only executed on the server, therefore JIP for that is irrelevant. You just need to make sure that the server "distributes" the variable to the clients.
Pages: 1 2