Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Simple earplugs script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this is very handy script for mission makers.
Quote:A simple script for adding earplugs in to a mission. Earplugs are used with one simple action, which comes in yellow Wink . There are also optional status icons, which are half-transparent speakers displayed at the bottom right of the screen. TFAR and ACRE are not effected by the little icons; since this script is mostly made to be used with those addons.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26624
This looks quite nice. Has anyone tried it? I find it near impossible to hear people over the radio while flying helos etc
To be honest, I never felt the need for such a thing, after tweaking Windows mixer it's possible to find the sweet spot of hearing people and the game at sufficient volume levels.
Last I tried it, it seemed broken, or at least I couldn't get it to work.
Simple "earplugs" action to add to your mission's init.sqf
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
      player addAction ["<t color='#66FF66'>Headphones</t> <t color='#3399FF'>ON</t>",{1 fadeSound 0.05; (_this select 0) addHeadgear "H_Cap_headphones";},nil,1,true,true,"","_this in _target AND soundVolume > 0.5"];
   player addAction ["<t color='#66FF66'>Headphones</t> <t color='#FF3300'>OFF</t>",{1 fadeSound 1; (_this select 0) addHeadgear "H_Cap_oli_hs";},nil,1,true,true,"","_this in _target AND soundVolume < 0.5"];
};