Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - PMC Versus: Cronos (co10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The BIS task modules have some problems on dedicated servers,  AFAIK. Never used them myself, so it might be a problem with how they are used.

If you have any questions regarding FHQ task tracker,  let me know,  I am the author.
(09-28-2014, 08:33 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]The BIS task modules have some problems on dedicated servers,  AFAIK. Never used them myself, so it might be a problem with how they are used.

If you have any questions regarding FHQ task tracker,  let me know,  I am the author.

Thanks, much appreciated! I will check it out before releasing any more missions!
Hey Fuiba! We tried Episode 1 and the prologue last night.

The prologue was rather uneventful. We had one AI on our team and he kept reporting "enemy pilots" although all we saw was unarmed civilians. I have a feeling they were suppose to be armed law enforcement units trying to hunt us and some bug made their weapons disappear.

Episode 1:
I must say that after reading the briefing I was already totally immersed in the PMC versus "universe". As always, well written, wonderful concept, and great ideas. I love the attempt to take down a local group and steal their identity. I wish the Armaverse was that intriguing!
We stopped the mission after taking out the courier and the commander since we had a lot of casualties and many people were waiting on Teamspeak, but we will try again!

Several problems-
  • The briefing entries doesn't seem to be sorted correctly. I think that the "Situation" entry should be first (I suppose that will be fixed once you switch over to FHQ Task Tracker).
  • There were a some armed AI units that were completely ambivalent to us (independent side).
  • Please please add Psycho's Advanced Injury system (addon free script). There are some bugs with it but it's the closest the mission can get to cooperative first aid, battle clearance and healing gameplay. I was really missing it on this one...
Hi Variable and thanks for the feedback! I think you guys should not play the other missions until I get a chance to add Psycho's AIS and FHQ Task Tracker and fix them.

As for the disappeared weapons: I really don't know what happened there :O I tested the mission in MP (alone) and SP, and everyone was armed. I don't know why some of the units that are imported from the Virtual Arsenal are identified as pilots even though they are not - I guess this is once again an Arma problem.

The prologue is just a template I created mainly for myself to get a feeling again on how to create the briefings etc. (it's been a while since I created anything in Arma). I don't intend to update the prologue.

It was a huge disappointment for me to see that you can't choose your weapons at startup in MP anymore. Also, the Preview-mode in the Editor does not work as it should: sometimes the gear and uniforms are as they should in the Preview-mode but messed up when I export to mission to MP or SP.
(09-29-2014, 11:52 AM)Fuiba link Wrote: [ -> ]As for the disappeared weapons: I really don't know what happened there :O I tested the mission in MP (alone) and SP, and everyone was armed. I don't know why some of the units that are imported from the Virtual Arsenal are identified as pilots even though they are not - I guess this is once again an Arma problem.

Note, I don't think this is your mission only. I have recently been playing the Campaign again (Survive Episode) and got an unusual number of "pilots" there as well, so I believe this might be, and probably is, either a bug introduced by one of our addons, or by the game itself. I'll have to try and find out more.
Can confirm AI reporting "pilots" in games on my end.

Not being able to choose weapon in briefing is quite a shame :/

As for addons not working when exporting, try FHQ safeaddloadouts I think.

- sent from iPod
Any preferences for the AIS script settings? Seems like I can change the
  • Revive chance: 100% or 50%,
  • Whether or not a headshot kills instantly,
  • Who can revive: all units or medics or anyone with a medkit/first aid
I'd say -
Revive chance: 100% (because the 50% setting kills the patient only after the first aid process, and not during).
Headshot should kill instantly.
Who can revive: anyone with a first aid kit.
(09-29-2014, 05:33 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say -
Revive chance: 100% (because the 50% setting kills the patient only after the first aid process, and not during).
Headshot should kill instantly.
Who can revive: anyone with a first aid kit.

Roger that! I got the script working, it was really straightforward. I'm reading through the Task Tracker manual now. Got to say, Varanon, I really appreciate your hard work with this! It always amazes me how great work the Arma community can conjure up! On the other hand it really amazes me what BIS cannot  :Smile

By the way, Varanon, is there some sort of an example mission or something for the Task Tracker? I read through the source and the manual but I'm not really sure where to put the briefings and all.

And sorry for the wait. You can stare at Nekrón Chélia logo in the meantime.

[Image: nc_small.png]
Alright, added a link to the quickfixed new version in the op. I'll take my time with the Task Tracker tomorrow.
Sent from iPod but I should have a template that uses FHQ task tracker.

Don't use the fhqtt.sqf there and use the one from the friedan's site instead since mine may be outdated. Check the init.sqf for how to add the scripts and the briefing.sqf for the layout.

You can copy paste and replace if you need
Here's how I did mine. I just used your briefing so you can just drag and drop it your mission and get rid of the BIS tasks and briefing modules.

Add this to the top of your init.sqf

Code:
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt.sqf";
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "briefing.sqf";

Throw these in your mission folder from the attachments. I just did it for the first mission, but you can follow the same suit for the rest.

(09-30-2014, 05:21 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Here's how I did mine. I just used your briefing so you can just drag and drop it your mission and get rid of the BIS tasks and briefing modules.

Add this to the top of your init.sqf

Code:
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt.sqf";
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "briefing.sqf";

Throw these in your mission folder from the attachments. I just did it for the first mission, but you can follow the same suit for the rest.

Wow! Thanks a million! I'll fix the other missions too when I get home!
No problem. Here's the triggers I use for task completions.

Code:
Condition: !alive target

On act: ["task1", "succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10