Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Watchmen's missions - WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All my shit

Co 15 Wetworks

Nato and AAF joint mission to break through enemy front lines with a full on attack. AAF(9players) has to secure a mortar base so that they can attack an nearby airfield without enemy mortar interference. AAF steals the Jet and Hind at the base and fly across the sea to regroup with NATO.

NATO(6players) has to job of taking the Anti Air site so AAF can fly in with CAS and trooper reinforcements. NATO enters behind enemy lines secretly Via Scuba infiltration(custom loadout) to move up on the beach. They then move through the swamp in Limni to raid the csat medical outpost hidden in the grass to; kill the enemy medics, steal the medical truck and raid the base for weapons. They then take out the AA outpost and regroup with the ground AAF troops.

Both forces(13 players) advance on foot with the medical truck and supplies that blufor stole towards the front line for a final assault. With AA sites down, they call in CAS from the Jet and HIND piloted by AAF players to destroy armored contacts while they mop up the infantry forces.

Mission ends when all CSAT forces holding the frontline have been fallen back and retreat

Edit: Drone strike team added(2 players)

Co 15 Operation Iron Elephant

A tank mission to rescue a friendly officer taken as hostage and then to move on to defeat enemy forces. There are drones for recon and 2 Sandstorm units as ai artillery support. Officer is held in a compound heavily defended and surrounded by mines so some players have to disembark and go on foot inside the compound to rescue the officer while some stay in their tanks and defend the area from a counterattack. Secure the officer if is he is still alive and advance into CSAT space.

Co 7 Hedgehogs

You wanted sniping mission with lots of shit to shoot at? you got one. Hedgehogs is a mission where a team of 5 snipers and 1 medic led by 1 spotter have the task of providing long range support for an AI fireSquad as they move towards their objective by weakening enemy positions for them to finish off and taking out AA defences for friendly CAS(support module). Avoid near and medium range engagements as you change positions throughout the level. Take as much ammo as you can carry.

Co 16 Green Kraken

2 APC's, 1 Rifle squad, 1 dive team. A very unique twist on combined arms gameplay, mission takes place at sea. Start at the beach and get inside the APC's and attack boats, move across the ocean through enemy lines, move up on land then go through the forest to secure the Airfield. The dive team has to job of clearing a path through the minefield so the mechanized forces can move through the sea and drive up on land. Rifle squad gets in attack boats to fight against enemy boats while the APC's slowly sail through the water. After pushing through the CSAT naval forces, get out of the boats, divers change into land uniforms, get into the 2 APC's and move on to secure the airfield.
All of them sound great. Joint op with a twist is one of my most favorite kind of mission!
Iron Elephant sounds very appealing. I like the idea of having a team that has to perform tasks both in tanks and on foot.
Cool! I Love complex briefing maps (but don't go too complicated on the briefing text, though!! Smile)
Thanks Variable, i try to make map markers as aesthetically pleasant as possible by designing them to include as much information as i can. Feels more immersive to me at least. Custom loadouts are finally finished for the diver infiltration team(survival fatigues, rebreather, NATO rifle series included; even a medic diver), i had a friend to help me with scripting(it was a huge mess with the TFR backpack).

Im having some trouble with Green Kraken, specifically, i don't know how to make the diver objectives more robust, possibly because this is something nobody ever does hence why we hardly see any diver missions. I can only think of one purpose for the divers so far, that they have to disarm the mines for the boats and APC's to pass through. I am trying to think of more objectives where in a real life scenario you would have to deploy divers to handle them in order to support the main force.

I'm currently messing with the idea of placing static AT turrets on the beach the divers have to swim up to and disable before the APCs and boats can land, i guess this makes things more interesting??? The main idea is that the divers have to go ahead of the mechanized force to clear the way for them until the players reach land. If anybody has some ideas i would be very appreciative if you shared them. It might be possible to use the satchel charges the divers spawn with to design an objective for them, but i cant think of any nor how to do it.

Watchmen
I like the idea of infiltrating the beach and spotting/taking out static AT launchers. It makes sense tactically and would be fun and exciting to execute. Other stuff that divers can do in advance of an amphibious landing is to disable AT mines and then use them to counter the enemy impending counter attack.

What would the APCs do while the divers do their thing on the beach?
They will be sailing to the shore, APc's are not as fast as assault boats.

Heres an upcoming mission.....get ready....you wont expect it........Arma: Hardline

bum bum bum bumbumbum
bum bum bum bumbumbum
BUM! BUM! BUM! BUMBUMBUM!
Ive been messing with the idea of convoys.

Convoy surprise CO 14
Destroy a base. There are two convoys heading for the base at separate times to reinforce it, you have to be quick and decide which to ambush. Spend your time to set up 1 ambush or split up your team and ambush them both to make the assault on the base easier.
I like the idea. If you can add randomization to the convoy composition it will be better. It will prevent the players from deciding which one to hit according to previous attempts.
(09-30-2014, 03:46 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea. If you can add randomization to the convoy composition it will be better. It will prevent the players from deciding which one to hit according to previous attempts.
Thats exactly my idea, and the ideal setup for a mission like this. It may seem uncanny but i know next to jack shit about scripting(only picked up arma a year ago) and something like this is going to take scripting.

Everyone around here might know me as someone really into mission making but the truth is i just enjoy imagining scenarios that will be fun to play, not making the mission itself. I will look around for a way to incorporate some kind of random composition for the convoy(which will include armored vehicles), also i guess this is me asking you guys for  help ;D
(09-30-2014, 05:50 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Thats exactly my idea, and the ideal setup for a mission like this. It may seem uncanny but i know next to jack shit about scripting(only picked up arma a year ago) and something like this is going to take scripting.

Not really, just use the probability of presence slider.

(09-30-2014, 05:50 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone around here might know me as someone really into mission making but the truth is i just enjoy imagining scenarios that will be fun to play, not making the mission itself.

Welcome to the club, I have plenty of unfinished scenarios in my missions folder.
Unreliable, if by chance too few units spawn or a significant unit like a APC or transport truck does not spawn the game becomes too easy and a waste of time.

What i have in mind is a system where it will choose randomly between certain set combinations of units that may spawn.

Combo A:
1 APC
2 Ifrit
2 Transport truck

Combo B:
2 APC
1 IFV
1 Ifrit w/o guns
2 Transport truck(covered)

This is just an example, what i want is a scenario where you have to send a spotter to assess the enemy forces before setting up the ambush.
Hedgehogs now 11 players with a UAV op, because i fell in love with the mountains and sunrise.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=320868405
Thanks! Please add a direct link to the mission. It's a hassle having to mess with steam to get it and I can't do it from work anyway Wink
(09-30-2014, 03:41 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Ive been messing with the idea of convoys.

Convoy surprise CO 14
Destroy a base. There are two convoys heading for the base at separate times to reinforce it, you have to be quick and decide which to ambush. Spend your time to set up 1 ambush or split up your team and ambush them both to make the assault on the base easier.
I have given up this mission for adoption, whoever wants can take it. Just dont change the weather effects, because i spent a long time trying to get a nice balance between the rain, fog and overcast. Single team, Nato and FIA working together.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=325034095