Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: No sound in Shadowplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just noticed that almost all of my recordings from the past month or so have no sound. Sometimes into the video the sounds resumes with no noticeable regularity. I suspect the latest update to Shadowplay since nothing has changed in my system except that.

Is anyone using Shadowplay experiencing the same?
I've been recording recently with newest Shadowplay without any problems. Check audio settings in Shadowplay, I bet you already did, but just in case. Most likely some other settings or hardware conflict.

My problem is that Shadowplay records everything from my mic, hear me talking to my cat in the middle of the mission.
There's an option last time I check that record push to talk now instead.
I got it on constant mic recording as well. I would have set it to PTT recording had it allowed to set multiple PTTs, TFAR has four different ones.

OT - I deleted the temporary files it created, I hope that'll help... Otherwise I'm clueless as to what can be done further. Especially since that sometimes it records give and later on stops, or vice versa.
I have the same problem Variable, the sounds cuts out after 10 min or so in each video. Some video editors have problems with the way Shadowplay do the encoding. Try using another editor, Sony Vegas has no problems reading the sound on those files tho, so i use Sony Vegas to extract the sound in mp3 and then i can go back to my video editor.
(10-06-2014, 09:54 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem Variable, the sounds cuts out after 10 min or so in each video. Some video editors have problems with the way Shadowplay do the encoding. Try using another editor, Sony Vegas has no problems reading the sound on those files tho, so i use Sony Vegas to extract the sound in mp3 and then i can go back to my video editor.
I don't understnat what does it have to do with the video editor. The sound stops in the raw file in any software I play it with, isn't it the same for you?
Also, what sound care do you use?
Well, is not about video editor itself is about the codecs and formats is able to use. In theory all players should behave the same but in practice is not like that for me.
You can try some free video editors to rip off the sound from a video.
Until i found this "fix" i've deleted a lot of recordings thinking i have no sound and no way of getting the sound back up.
I have an on-board sound card... Realtek
Remember next time when you install Nvidia drivers to un-check the audio drivers, that caused some troubles for me.
I did remember having no sound recording once a while off ago I don't remember with what and when. No sound on probably movie maker or standard playing but sounds are fine in premiere.

- sent on iPod
I think Alias is on the right path - check if there are any other audio cards or codes installed and disable them. You probably have sound chip on motherboard, try disabling it in BIOS or in device manager. It can be difficult to troubleshoot audio, it can be anything, TS, TFAR, drivers, recording software, but at least you can eliminate some possible causes.