Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO17 Operation Wetworks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AAF SL and TL pretty much are dead. We used the supply drop early on and there wasn't much vehicle resistance to even consider grabbing more AT anyways. There were too much objectives in between and too much casualty on the way including losing a medic to a lone wolf soldier who killed 2 guys. We were only 4-5 guys left so we couldn't take the airport since everyone was dead. The problem isn't about giving more medics to AAF. Its going to take a while and with people dying here and there, NATO is going to have to wait. If you're going to give a 2 hr mission to AAF and a 30 min mission to NATO, thats a long time for NATO to sit around for AAF to arrive. I'd just lessen the tasks and make the time it takes to complete things equal.
Nato was tasked with destroying the tigris which is supposed to increase their mission length to match the AAF mission length so they finish around the same time. The AA site was destroyed by the uav so that didnt work, i dont know how a uav could destroy a tigris though.
(11-18-2014, 07:49 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the feedback guys and sorry for the late reply, i hope the mission was fun and at least every player had some action despite imbalances here and there...and the mission level progression being messed up from a designers standpoint(i hear nato had to fly back to AAF with a chopper that was meant to fly AAF to NATO instead)
I think that overall it was a good experience for at least the most of us. We thank you for it Watchmen!

(11-18-2014, 07:49 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Question: There were 10 player slots for the AAF, how many of them were filled

All slots were filled in AAF and NATO.

(11-18-2014, 07:49 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Also after looking through debriefing, it says AAF ran out of faks at one point, did the support supply drop menu work? because they could have used it to refill their medical supplies.

I wouldn't worry about that as we can always scavange FAKs from fallen enemies.

(11-18-2014, 07:49 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]@variable, that module performance script was my solution to the low frames which by my carelessness was in the wrong location, i hope performance was not a problem despite my solution not working

For me the performce of the mission was good. I don't know what was the average FPS but I didn't notice any slowdowns.

(11-18-2014, 07:49 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]PS: i hope you enjoyed the locations i chose for the mission, i spent a great deal of time considering and surveying altis for unique and "eye-catching" locations for this mission.

It was definitely noticed! Good locations were used and it contributed to some memorable firefights. Good job!

(11-18-2014, 07:49 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]
PSS: Would AAF have benefited with 2 medics instead of 1? The thing about large teams is the designated medical officer will have more casualties than he can handle during a heavy fire situation.

Wouldn't hurt to have two medics especially in long missions.

(11-18-2014, 09:28 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]
Nato was tasked with destroying the tigris which is supposed to increase their mission length to match the AAF mission length so they finish around the same time. The AA site was destroyed by the uav so that didnt work, i dont know how a uav could destroy a tigris though.

NATO's waiting time wasn't much of a big deal, let's not inflate this problem. The issue here is the UAV's ability to easily take out armored targets using it's missile. Maybe this was also the reason why the AAF didn't encounter any enemy vehicles - The UAV just killed them all. I suggest to remove the missiles from the UAV.
(11-18-2014, 09:28 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]The AA site was destroyed by the uav so that didnt work, i dont know how a uav could destroy a tigris though.

With missiles. You just need to get in 2Km range, lock and fire. To be fair, I think I did use more than one missile on it as it popped smoke, but it wasn't as nowhere as deadly to me as the briefing suggested. Maybe it's server settings.

I also forgot to mention that it's impossible to rearm the UAV from the vehicle ammo box as you cannot reverse in aircraft in ArmA3 and you need to get pretty close to it.
Pages: 1 2