Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Infantry Tactics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

(04-14-2015, 12:08 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]And the obsolete G3 is still a very precise and reliable weapon. Slap a scope on it, and you got a perfect DMR.

Not to mention that the main US assault rifle is made in the 1950's

G3 is current iran army organizational rifle! iranian soldiers call it "portable cannon"!
they are still using it since years before 1979, so heavy and unmaneuverable, but so lethal and powerful.
(04-15-2015, 09:31 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]SOPMOD attachment kit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOPMOD

CQBR
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Quart...e_Receiver

For the weapon mod geek

I like the CQBR/Mk 18, always had a thing for short weapons like the G36C or the Mk18. Too bad in Arma they aren't really functional -_-
I would go hardcore and remove the m4 weapon stock combined with a drum mag
Are there any special "golden rules" when you play as the squad's dedicated grenadier. Specifically about how a solider should employ his GL in any kind of given theoretical situation or just general skills.

I have read the TTP3 guide on being the grenadier but i posted this question for a quick summarized write up about grenadier skills.
(05-27-2015, 09:44 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any special "golden rules" when you play as the squad's dedicated grenadier. Specifically about how a solider should employ his GL in any kind of given theoretical situation or just general skills.
Just be careful not to blow up friendlies Smile
Frankly i really think the GL is different from the rifle in that it is only effective in the hands of someone who is REALLY proficient in using it. If someone without the practice used it in combat i think he would be wasting time and should be firing bullets instead. Zeroing, rage approx, selective targets, trajectory control(for high angle fire over "dead space") all seem important skills to master, because without them i think you would not be very good. I mean he could practically be a walking mortar if he was good enough.
Whereas for the rifle, point and shoot, make sure boolets hit bad guy.
(05-27-2015, 01:34 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Whereas for the rifle, point and shoot, make sure boolets hit bad guy.

In what respect is range approximation different when using rifles and grenade launchers ? Both require you to be able to judge distances.
(05-27-2015, 08:46 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]In what respect is range approximation different when using rifles and grenade launchers ? Both require you to be able to judge distances.

a bullets trajectory is flater than that of a low velocity grenade from a underslung grenade launcher, if you are are 300m away from a target and are 50m off in your ranging you will probrably still hit it with an assault rifle, but the grenade might just miss far enough for the target to not take too much damage (especially since you can put grenades way too close to the arma AI without it taking harm(at least from a chopper))
Pages: 1 2