Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: When is the test?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I have a general question for all map editors. When do test your new missions out? Do you do it alone or get together to test new stuff? If so you know I am always game. Also is any one interested in checking out my stuff with me later, once it is nearing or is completed? Gentlemen as always it is a pleasure.

Madd"Amature Editor" Matt
Hi,
CTFs can be tested alone (when enemies stay at respawn). Coop could be hard to test alone when it is made for more then one guy.
hi !
Most of the time we do testings on maps that are completed. We usually test them within our trainings. It only makes sense to test complete maps and missions cause the whole setup and trigger settings and the briefing can be checked for errors then.
Nethertheless I do a lot of testing while I design a new map or mission on my own to make sure that major errors are detected while developing cause it´s often hard to find the error if you have o lot of triggers and scripts running in the complete version so I do a step by step testing most of the time.
I would be happy if u could send me any maps that you did or ask for help if you need.

hmm... I test some things alone on desert island till they work. Especially triggers with scripts. But I have noticed in my first map with lot of scripting, that things work alone but not in multiplayer. Also Bals haven´t found the errors. Don´t know why it doesn´t work. But this things you only can see, when you have done the most work and test it just bevore release. I haven´t done any other coop since now, only the pro CTFs. But I think some of them are great.