Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: How to detect if backpack is in trigger area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya,

I'm making a coop mission in which a group needs to deliver a certain backpack to a location. Is there a way to detect if the backpack is in trigger area? I did searches here, on the Armaholic forums and otherwise but did not find a working solution (perhaps I didn't find the right keywords).

I remember that in one of Sander's mission packs for A2 you had to do something similar so I believe it is possible. I tried placing an empty backpack on the ground in the Editor and grouping it with a trigger (that works with vehicles) and I also tried counting the instances of a named backpack in the trigger but neither works.

Any suggestions?
I believe this is the mission you mentioned (attached). Until someone who knows better than me wakes up, open it up and see how's it accomplished?
Thank you Variable! Got it working after a while using Sander's method.
(10-18-2014, 12:07 PM)Fuiba link Wrote:Thank you Variable! Got it working after a while using Sander's method.

He's probably checking the distance between the backpack and wherever you want to have it. No way around this I'm afraid.
(10-18-2014, 01:22 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:He's probably checking the distance between the backpack and wherever you want to have it. No way around this I'm afraid.

Yes, that's it. I did not get it working exactly as I wanted - the backpack needs to be inside a vehicle for the distance-trigger to work but it's working well enough Smile