Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Rising Sun :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just want to apologize for this mission since it turned out to be quite the opposite of what i had hoped for. The major complaints were it was either:

1. Too long
2. Too hard
3. Boringly paced

My initial concept was for a mission where a convoy has to move through fog with a lead vehicle being an unmanned UGV while the other cars in the back used thermal vision and HMG/GMG to seek out enemy ambushes. I hope it wasn't an entirely bad mission and that there was at least a few situations where there you had some fun action sequences. Designing a mission for a vehicle convoy is much more difficult than for an infantry one because there are just so many things that can do wrong.
So i apologize if it turned out to be a boring crawl for some people. I could make a new version where everything was shortened and redesigned but i dont think anyone would want to play it again because of a bad experience. So. Sorry guysSad
(10-25-2014, 10:49 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]My initial concept was for a mission where a convoy has to move through fog with a lead vehicle being an unmanned UGV

Played it once, never knew there was a UGV. We avoided UAVs/UGVs for a few weeks now since a bug with using them while in a vehicle got that player stuck in said vehicle.

I had fun battling CSAT in Zaros, problem was it wasn't a mission objective, so we were decimated by the time we got to an actual objective.

Also consider grouping one of the teams to the other teams side so we have the same TFAR radios, or is the lack of comms between AAF and NATO intended?
I'm afraid we played an older version, which didn't have a UGV, due to a misscomunication between me and Watchmen.

The mission is good Watchmen, it's just overstays its welcome. To reiterate what we discussed in the chat:
Make passing through Zaros the only objective (and not "capture" it!). I'd tell a story that during a retreat a NATO team and an AAF team were left stranded behind enemy lines. The two teams regrouped to increase their chances of survival. They need to reach a friendly tank platoon that is waitng them just outside Zaros. You can also place a CSAT force that is chasing them (not too overpowered, just something to begin the mission with). Once all alive units regroup with the tank platoon, the mission is a success.
No need to apologize for a mission gone in another direction than you anticipated.  Happens to every mission maker. Arma is a challenging beast
Pretty much what Varanon said.