Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Howto support modules for JIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some help with a mission im making. Its sniper mission where you as players are all snipers and have to kill some targets with the help of ai mortar/CAS support and your sniper rifles. I use the ancient method of syncing modules to players but this don't work on MP. Any ideas what i could do instead to ensure all players have access to the support menu at all times on a mp server?
(10-29-2014, 06:02 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]I need some help with a mission im making. Its sniper mission where you as players are all snipers and have to kill some targets with the help of ai mortar/CAS support and your sniper rifles. I use the ancient method of syncing modules to players but this don't work on MP. Any ideas what i could do instead to ensure all players have access to the support menu at all times on a mp server?

Syncing in MP should work just as well as it does in SP. You should be able to sync multiple units to the same support requester module and this give everyone control.

It's also possible to do it on the fly. In White Knight, I had an unsynchronized helo transport support giver that I linked to the network with

FHQ_supRequest synchronizeObjectsAdd [FHQ_HeloTransport];

(with the FHQ_supRequest being the requester module, and the FHQ_HeloTransport being a support giver module that was synced with a helicopter.

If it doesn't work then I am quite sure there is something else wrong with your setup. Just to make sure, you synchronized the mortar and CAS to the appropriate support provider module, synchronized that to a support requester module, and synced the units to that requester module?
I tested it on a server, say if you connect late or reconnect, you lose the support menu. I might have done something wrong but i don't thnk so, ill go check again.
Alwareen, i checked and can confirm the units and modules are synched with no error exactly as you described. You can loose the support menu by some of the following:

Connecting after the game started
Disconnecting and reconnecting
Death and being revived(psychos)

Any ideas?
bump
Did you actually try the scripted solution Alwarren proposed ?
(10-31-2014, 05:35 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas?

'fraid not.