Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: X-Wing & TIE Fighter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

(11-14-2014, 03:42 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it does have an SP campaign but I have not played it yet, but from what I could read it is on par with Tie Fighter.
Then I want it! Any recommendation where to get it from?

(11-14-2014, 03:45 PM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man, now where did I left my DOS emulator?
Misha get the version from GOG, improved graphics and works on modern OS out of the box.
(11-14-2014, 06:39 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Then I want it! Any recommendation where to get it from?
I think it's mostly available as second hand copies from ebay, amazon and the like.
And it has arrived! Onwards to TIE Fighter! I really recommend playing the game while reading the strategy guide, I just finished X-Wing while reading it and it was great. It's not just a guide, but a narrative book on its own, and adds a lovely dimension for the game. In X-Wing's guide you read the story of the pilot you play. Even the Force plays a role there, but I won't spoil it...

Now I'm starting TIE Fighter while reading its guide, it's a blast!

[Image: rofbM2R.jpg]
OMG, that's so cute, and I don't mean Tie Fighter Big Grin
Aww, how sweet. I think you might have trouble getting that back off her though Variable, she looks quite excited to be the proud owner (well, possession is nine-tenths of the law) of Tie Fighter  ;D You've obviously done a good job of teaching her what's important in life  Wink
Phew, just finished the last mission of X-Wing Tour V, some of the missions in the final two tours were very annoying but this is over now.
On to TIE fighter!
Zwobot! Make sure to play TIE-Fighter on Hard difficulty, it's worth it. I'd also recommend on reading the The Stele Chronicles before you start playing, and once you start playing accompany your play with reading the continuation of the story in the Strategy Guide (Strategy guide PDF is included in the GOG pack, but the Stele Chronicles are to be found here).
What's different on 'Hard' difficulty?

I don't like playing missions half a dozen times and having to remember at which time which ships enter the mission where in order to be able to win it as it was sometimes necessary in X-Wing missions.
I just completed it Smile Great, great game. Thirteen Battles (TIE fighter equivalent to X-Wing's Tour of Duties), man, this game is long.

Well, I didn't feel that playing on hard was frustrating, on the contrary, it was gratifying. However, I never played the game on any other difficulty so I don't know how easier it gets.
Pages: 1 2