Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - Finder's Keepers (COOP 11)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A group of FIA rebels managed to disable an AAF Gorgon IFV moving along one of the coast roads. The FIA guys were defeated by the AAF troops, but they in turn are now waiting for a repair team to come int.

Time for us to act quickly. With the help of three engineers from a nearby town, we are trying to capture the APC, and use it to get rid of a pesky AAF outpost.

Terrain: Altis

No Addons required

Link
Sounds cool. Hope we get to try it out tonight  ;D
Great mission!
Recommendation - move away civilian traffic from the convoy's route. We had two cases of exploding civilian cars on this one.
Also, you might want to check the AI skill, while we spectated the AI seemed to be rather brain dead...
Alright, since we completed it yesterday:

We took two hours to finish it. Was that too long ? If yes, what can I change to make it shorter ? Any other comments ?
I loved that mission and wouldn't want it to be different. Two hours is long but that was a result of us being so cautious given previous attempt. It's length add to the mission's epic sense!
If you still want to make it shorter, change the APC to a faster vehicle and/or add another vehicle, hopefully a composition that could carry all players (since many vehicles usually means slower movement).
You could also move the FARP to a closer position if that's not too much work, it's far position lead to most travel time, and travel time comprised most of the mission's total time.
I don't think it's too long. We took it slow yes so that's a factor. I you want to change anything, maybe a faster APC that's all. This one is on my "must play" list........ soooooo  8)
Sometime to immerse in a mission you need time for brain or whatever to adjust. A longer walk, flight or drive can help.
And this mission is very good at it, it felt epic at some point Smile
I think as well that a faster APC will smooth things out a little, but you don't have too many choices in vanilla tho.

I'm still thankful we survived that jet attack and the enemy heli didn't take our APC out. Smile
Thanks!

(04-24-2015, 02:33 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]If you still want to make it shorter, change the APC to a faster vehicle and/or add another vehicle, hopefully a composition that could carry all players (since many vehicles usually means slower movement).

Actually, the Gorgon can carry three crew and 8 passengers, that's why there's three engineers and 8 FIA guys Wink

I chose the Gorgon because I haven't seen it used in other missions, and I kinda like the model.

(04-24-2015, 02:33 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]You could also move the FARP to a closer position if that's not too much work, it's far position lead to most travel time, and travel time comprised most of the mission's total time.

Yeah, the problem is, the FARP's position is chosen because it is relatively flat (and the rest of the area is pretty hilly), and it can be overlooked from a few selected points (I wanted the players to be able to get the job done from a distance).
(04-24-2015, 02:43 PM)McGregor link Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's too long. We took it slow yes so that's a factor. I you want to change anything, maybe a faster APC that's all. This one is on my "must play" list........ soooooo  8)

The only option for AAF is the tracked APC (what was the name ? Can't remember, the one we killed at the beginning of the mission). I doubt it's faster cross country, and I doubt it can carry so many people.
(04-24-2015, 03:29 PM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still thankful we survived that jet attack and the enemy heli didn't take our APC out. Smile

I was wondering about the jet. It was actually only meant as ambience. I guess it saw us in the cars and immediately thought "Juicy"... luckily, getting out of the cars later meant it lost us and resumed it's waypoints (that ultimately lead it to it#s demise by deleteVehicle somewhere beyond the southern coast of Altis).