Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: All Saints (COOP 12)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Situation
After the AAF framed us for the sitdown at the MoD going bad in May, FIA is on the losing edge. The AAF is using the incident to excerpt pressure, and even NATO considers us terrorists now.

Stavrou has gotten wind of a lightly guarded AAF tank depot. We're going to take 12 good men and go in there, stealing their tanks, and start to strike back.

Island: Altis
TIme: Night
Filename: co12_fhq_all_saints.altis.pbo
Stealing tanks is our profession. Bring it on!
Updated the mission on the server:
- added a few more things to shoot at
- replaced the Gorgon with a Mora
- few cosmetic changes
- Mission is only lost if one of the tanks is destroyed
Great job on this one. Just the way it should be - starting in line of sight with the objective - right in the thick of things, planning the assault and executing it. It reminded me of BIS official Arma 2 stand-alone scenario, forgot its name, where you had to assault the town, take out a checkpoint and bug out before reinforcements arrive (one of the best official missions since OFP).
(02-23-2015, 04:43 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Great job on this one. Just the way it should be - starting in line of sight with the objective - right in the thick of things, planning the assault and executing it. It reminded me of BIS official Arma 2 stand-alone scenario, forgot its name, where you had to assault the town, take out a checkpoint and bug out before reinforcements arrive (one of the best official missions since OFP).

Yeah I know which one you mean. You had a couple of HMMWV's outside of Stary Sobor...
I liked the mission, it had everything. Very good job man!
I would only punish/scare players somehow for not bugging out fast enough.
I feel that having tanks makes people overconfident in that mission Smile Just my 2 cents.
Even if you don't change a thing is great as it is, dunno about the length since missions ended prematurely, but felt right as it is. Another try will give us a better idea.
(02-23-2015, 06:04 PM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]I liked the mission, it had everything. Very good job man!
I would only punish/scare players somehow for not bugging out fast enough.
I feel that having tanks makes people overconfident in that mission Smile Just my 2 cents.
Even if you don't change a thing is great as it is, dunno about the length since missions ended prematurely, but felt right as it is. Another try will give us a better idea.

Thanks for the feedback. In the latest versions, I added some.. er... surprises that should make things a bit more interesting. Also, there have already been several QRT's on standby, we didn't trigger any of those so I enlarged the radius for them Smile
"(BTW, I am thankful for opinions on All Saints, if you could head over into the Mission releases forum and drop a note... was the second part okay? Too boring? Too long?)"

I thought it was a good mission when we tried it, there were things to do for both teams and not much to walk to objectives. I like that.

I also liked the second part, I was commander but we were driving around and shooting at things in a tank. I would not say it was boring or long. 3-4 KM driving in a tank is not too bad. I mean I'm sure we played longer missions. If the mission didn't end prematurely, I'm sure we would've succeeded.
Updated the mission on the server. Changes:
- Removed the enemy UAV
Updated the mission again:
- Tweaked: Upped the number of players to 14
- Added Zeus slot (this mission predates Zeus... can you imagine?)
- Few cosmetic changes
- Fixed a couple of serious issues that would make the mission fail on the latest version.