Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Any intrest for Iron Front Arma 3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Damn I missed it  >Sad I'll keep an eye on this thread and join next time
There's always the possibility to make it a scheduled event, like, revive Tuesday for Iron Front (since Arma 2 is gone)
(04-29-2015, 06:07 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]There's always the possibility to make it a scheduled event, like, revive Tuesday for Iron Front (since Arma 2 is gone)
For that a CiA member would have to be responsible for the whole thing. Meaning - keep track of new mission releases (however rare for IF 3), process, upload and update the mission list. Make sure there's always a member attending a session, and be available for troubleshooting.
Volunteers?

EDIT:

(04-28-2015, 07:09 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Varnon, please list those on the mission list. I opened an Iron Front A3 missions tab.
All IF3 missions have been processed (briefingName removed and file names lower cased) and re-uploaded. Mission list tab needs more love with mission descriptions, authors, and islands.
I am back from my business trip tonight. Will pop on the server to play some iron front in Arma 3 on Friday and Saturday. Probably around 19:00 GMT(UTC). Anyone else good for IFA3 Friday or Saturday around that time?
I'll be back on Tuesday and be able to play.
Chief, could you have a look at the IF3 mission list (link above) and let us know if there are more coop missions (no respawn) we can upload?
Hi All

I have just updated one of my IFA3 coop missions with the latest F3 mission framework, UPSMON  AI,  ZBE cache  and CH View Distance scripts. In addition, I have removed the virtual ammo system scripts by TONIC and added in the vanilla BIS Virtual Arsenal to a weapon crate. Lastly, I have removed the ability to respawn back at base.

The mission can be found on my steam workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=435988549

Variable, maybe this could be added to the CIA mission list? It' a no respawn coop mission.
uploaded to the server as co14_automatic_drive.staszow.pbo. Added to the mission list as well.
Hi All

I have just updated another one of my IFA3 coop missions with the latest F3 mission framework, UPSMON  AI,  ZBE cache  and CH View Distance scripts. In addition, I have  added in the vanilla BIS Virtual Arsenal to a weapon crate.

IFA3 Co15 Op Tenacity No Respawn

The mission can be found on my steam workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=436697909

Could be added to the CIA IFA3 mission list?

Mission Details

Your tasks are to move from the Omaha beach area to clear the 4 forward locations of enemy forces. Then move to the village area to destroy enemy assets. Including 3 PAK40s, tank and a radio mast.

In this CO-OP/SP mission, you play a US 15 man combined arms assault team, operating on the normandy, France area in 1944, fighting German forces. The team consists of a 9 man US Army squad. In addition, there is a sherman tank, with 2 playable slots, which infantry can ride on the back if required (under high command if needed).

There is also a 1 man flyable P47 support aircraft, with service assets near its airfield. (under high command if needed) Furthermore there is a 1 man playable mortar/artillery team, whom also have access to a towable anti-tank if needed. (under high command if needed). Lastly, there is a 2 man sniper/spotter team, for recon' purpose and elimination of HVTs. (under high command if needed).

The FOB, has a BIS virtual arsenal system box, static weapons and limited, none respawnable vehicles, including a half-track.

Enemy forces consist of elements of Waffen SS and Heer, are operating a defensive strategy in the AO. Expect upto 2 companies in the AO, with an extremely well defended area around the village, including 3 PAK40 anti tank guns, several MG42 nests, mortar, entrenched infantry and a tank of unknown type.

Also, please not that at the spawn start, players have the option of paradropping into a selected map position if needed.

Finally, the mission admin/lead when logged in, can change the mission parameters to suit their needs. This also includes AI caching at different distances to help with game performance. It's important to note here, that only the server admin, has Zeus control of Iron Front in Arma 3 assets only and has radio support control of artillery if needed.

Chief, can you please upload the mission to, say, dropbox or any other service?
Also, could you confirm that we have all the available IF missions?
DropBox links for my IFA3 coop missions:

IFA3_Co15_Op_Tenacity_NoRespwn

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr58f6yd1chs84...e.pbo?dl=0

IFA3_Co14_Automatic_Drive

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6f9q9qlhtfiezx...w.pbo?dl=0

Thanks, I'll process them.
Chief, it appears that most of the missions are Sander's. Has he given his permission to use them in Arma 3?

And has he agreed to have his mission modified and hosted on the Steam Workshop?
Variable. Are you taking about the CIA mission iron front mission list or my missions? Either way, I spoke with Sander about converting and altering his original IF missions to IFA3. To quote a PM from him to me: "You are free to convert all the missions in the pack though, as well as those included in the future updates, just an acknowledgement that they were derived from another mission will do."

Thanks chief, I was asking about both. Glad to see sander has given his permission. Are there any missions available for IF3 other than yours and Sander's?
Most of the mission packs for original IF need converting to IFA3. Some suitable candidates for CIA, could be the pack of 3 by Phantom Six and another large pack by Stagler. Both hosted on the Iron Front Mission Repository.

http://www.missionrepository.com/mission-packs-9-88

Other already converted or purpose built IFA3 missions are to be found at:

http://www.missionrepository.com/workshop-missions-26

I'll probably work on converting in about 5-6 weeks when I'm done with this school's quarter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4