Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: ACE3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why do you dislike the names?
(05-13-2015, 07:54 PM)SPhoenix link Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you dislike the names?

Well... The US Army adopted the HK 416, the FN Minimi, and the SCAR-H, to name but a few. They are called M27 IAR, M249 and Mk 17 Mod 0, respectively. The adopted a variant of the Swiss Piranha I and named it LAV-25 (okay that was the USMC). If they were to adopt the Merkava as their new MBT, they would surely call it something else - most likely not Slammer since they call all their MBT's after Generals, but certainly not Merkava.

It is common practice around the world to rename imported weapon systems to the local nomenclature.

And they named the MH-9 "MH-6 Little Bird". It isn't a Little Bird, it doesn't even look like one.
This is good feedback Alwarren, post it in their release thread.
(05-13-2015, 09:02 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]This is good feedback Alwarren, post it in their release thread.

I dunno. I will either be called "hater" or they'll say I should delete the pbo. *shrugs*
Your argument makes sense, if they are reasonable, they might consider changing their policy.
For sure. Although as far as the name go, they're modules, right? So they might not change anything there, but the rest is good, usable feedback.
Pages: 1 2 3