Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 2 Any Reasons Left?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I think there is a thread for this somewhere, but I can't find it so I will start a new one.

It seems to me that everyone has moved on to Arma 3 now.

I do have one friend who does not have Arma 3, but still have Arma 2, but he is never active. He sometimes played LAN with his little brother, but rarely. I do see on the steam discussion a few people who are looking for Arma 2 players. Some are milsim units where you must address everyone by Sgt. and stuff. Someone are trying to avoid that, but I don't think they would be willing to go through add-ons much. Nevertheless, it seems scatter there.

As for Arma 3, it seems at this stage, it pretty much already surpasses Arma 2. You have weapon resting, firing from vehicles, customizing units more, CUP content coming soon, better movements and graphics, and more. The only reason I see to keep around Arma 2 is for the few campaigns. I haven't finished, but I'm not getting around there yet. Arma 2 pretty much takes up about 30 GB of my hard drive space sitting there anyways. I might as well move it over to the external hard drive until I feel like pulling out some single player.

Arma 2 does have a place in my heart since it was my 1st game into the Arma series and it did had quite a handful of memorable missions, but there are fascinating missions for Arma 3 now as well.

Nevertheless, I feel that Arma 3 pretty much replaces Arma 2 at this point for the most part.

I kind of thought of making a collection and review of small player missions in case there were a few stragglers, but it's hard for me to find people to play with anyways, especially people who would be willing to go through add-ons. It would take a significant amount of time anyways.

Anyhow, only reason I see for Arma 2 now are for the contents that CUP are working on to port over to Arma 3. After that, I would see that Arma 2 is practically completely replaced. I use to see more reasons for keeping around Arma 2, but Arma 3 had mature quite well. What are you guys thoughts?
Oh, my buddy is just waiting for an Arma 3 sale, hes the first guy I played Arma 2 with, he doesn't like Arma 2 movements but did found the game itself fun. I hope he isn't disappointed (well, cash ain't something he has much)

EDIT: Yeah, pretty much everyone I know went over or is hoping to hop over to Arma 3.
For me, it's only some CWR2 SP missions and Headup's campaign that keeps me from uninstalling Arma 2.
I just moved it over to my external HDD until I get around to Arma 2 SP again. All coop people I know are at Arma 3 now. I'm not a fan of seeing large amounts of unused space.