Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: low FPS after new DLC update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just encountered significant FPS drop and random crashes after new update, everything was smoother before this update.
here is my system specs, maybe it's time for some upgrade but I want only spend money for what is really necessary:

CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU G2020 dual core 2.90GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P (Supports 3rd Gen. Intel® 22nm CPUs and 2nd Gen. Intel® Core™ CPUs)
VGA: AMD Radeon HD 7770 (Memory Size: 1024 MB, Memory Type: GDDR5, Core Clock: 1050 MHz, Memory Clock: 1125 MHz)
RAM: 4 GB kingstone (2×2 GB)

Thanks for your suggests.
First thing I would do is get a quad core CPU. I think your mobo supports it but I'm not sure which one, you would have to double check that. Also you might want to consider a new GPU. More ram would also be nice. Some times it's better to start fresh but yeah, money money money  Wink
But definitely I would start with a quad core. It seems like the weakest point. To me anyway
Definitely upgrade your CPU Flashpoint. From what I understand, Arma needs a strong CPU more than anything.
thanks McGregor and Variable, I think my GPU is enough, even when I look at recommended system of many new released games, my GPU is higher, also I use ultra settings in battlefield 4, wolfenstein new order, far cry 4 and even arma 3, with above 30 FPS, although in arma 3 if mission consists of many AI, my FPS drop down to 20, so maybe issue is same CPU, so do you have any recommended quad core cpu for me? thx
Because H61 chipset doesn't support OC I think best option for you is to buy i5-3470.

(04-18-2015, 07:55 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]Because H61 chipset doesn't support OC I think best option for you is to buy i5-3470.

Thanks so, I need to sit for some months to see that what will happen in upcoming 5+1 negotiations, after that core i5 should reach it's real price! not now :O
once the DX12 is out with multicore support we should expect better performance from Arma
(04-20-2015, 11:18 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]once the DX12 is out with multicore support we should expect better performance from Arma

I'm not to sure about that. I wouldn't expect any miracles. Has there been any talk that suggests that Arma will take advantage of DX12 features?
far as i know DX12 will manage the multicore load regardless the game
I think performance issue solved for me by switching from "windowed fullscreen" to "fullscreen" mode, now I have 12 more FPS with ultra settings.
(04-20-2015, 11:37 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]far as i know DX12 will manage the multicore load regardless the game
Not unless they rewrite the engine to take advantage of DX12 I don't think. What's it currently using, DX9, 10 or 11?
(04-21-2015, 04:58 AM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]Not unless they rewrite the engine to take advantage of DX12 I don't think. What's it currently using, DX9, 10 or 11?

DirectX 11 according to this, http://arma3.com/features/engine

Regarding the topic, I agree with McGregor, Variable and Horus. You could benefit from an 3 Series i5 if you can find one second hand or something like that.

(04-22-2015, 11:59 PM)Den link Wrote: [ -> ]DirectX 11 according to this, http://arma3.com/features/engine

Regarding the topic, I agree with McGregor, Variable and Horus. You could benefit from an 3 Series i5 if you can find one second hand or something like that.

yep thanks but I could reach more FPS by switching to fullscreen mode as I used windowsed full screen mode before, even with ultra video settings, so it's better to stick on it for now, let's just see what will bring by arma 4!
Maybe you should lower your video settings to very high or high.