Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Bloodlines (COOP 15)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The mission has great potential.
Will be pretty difficult to balance it so oeveryone has something to do, from air to ground.

Here it is my 2 cents:

The area to cover is pretty big and "satelite feed"/markers on the map for enemy armor sounds good to me.
The feed should start when enemy armor enters a certain area. We don't need to know where they spawn.
Also the position on map doesn't have to be in real time, can be updated at 60 s to make things more interesting and have a unknown factor.

This way is easier to designate targets for different team and diplace units and resources.
Air units can't do much observing and when they do could be pretty late as was for me when i saw a bmp or shilka in zaros and i didnt have time to land and take it out and the ground units were too far to be useful and picked up in time for relocation.
I'll add the markers. Good idea Alias to only update them ever so often, I guess I'll try that too. What I will also do is un-group most of the tanks. There are a couple that start out in Kavala, and usually one of them gets distracted and holds up the other one. Also, when one tank is destroyed and the crew is out, the others will start to slow down to human speed to keep formation.

I guess even knowing there the enemy is will still make it quite a challenge since you cannot just helicopter in on them - the Shilkas will rip the helicopters apart.

Speaking of helicopters, I have no idea why they suddenly stop. They have Search&Destroy waypoints, I will probably put them on a scripted, random schedule.

Thanks for the feedback Smile
Updated mission on the server: Changes:

- Added satellite markers for the enemy tanks.
(05-08-2015, 02:59 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Speaking of helicopters, I have no idea why they suddenly stop. They have Search&Destroy waypoints, I will probably put them on a scripted, random schedule.

Vehicles will stop and stay in position after completing a SAD waypoint if there's no other waypoint after it. Add a cycle waypoint after the SAD one, so it keeps looping it.

(06-19-2015, 03:47 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]So far, it didn't work out very well.
We tried only once since the last update. I enjoyed every attempt thus far and I'm not the only one. So it's a success already!
(06-19-2015, 04:26 PM)Variable link Wrote:We tried only once since the last update. I enjoyed every attempt thus far and I'm not the only one. So it's a success already!

Thanks. I am probably always overzealous about whether people enjoy my missions or not :$
I always had fun with FHQ missions, broken or not and i'd replay them anytime.
Updated:
Now COOP 17.

- Added: Two A-10 for CAS
Today (so it should be the latest version) I tried the mission on the server. I dont know if its intentional but I am getting no briefing. I tried Alpha lead and one of the pilots but no luck. Also just one small thing. If you will be making any changes please consider having the pilots start outside of the aircraft considering the NVGs are in the vest and cannot be equipped while inside.

Otherwise an absolutely awesome mission that I cant wait to try out with you guys  Wink
Bloodlines updated on the server. Now with 100% more CUP vehicles.

Thanks for the heads-up, Val. Turned out there was a syntax error in the briefing.
This feels like Necrophilia, but I just updated Bloodlines:
  • Some units switched to CUP
  • Replaced MH-9's with MELB
  • Updated to Eden
  • Added two Zeus slots
Now co@17_rhs_bloodlines.altis.pbo
This is the kind of necroing I can get behind Cool
Oh yes baby. Bloodlines here we come!
Pages: 1 2