Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Bloodlines (COOP 15)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Large Russian troop contingents have beached near Kavala and are preparing for their push into US held territory. In order to buy time, your time must use fast air-mobile tactics to cover a wide line against the onslaught.

In order to keep you appraised of the enemy positions, recon units have deployed a number of remote-controlled laser designators on the hills around Kavala. Use these in conjunction with your choppers to stem the tide wherever it leaks through.

Oh and you have limited AT at your disposal, but there are extra rockets and launchers in the base. Use one of your choppers to haul them in via sling loading.
Alwarren, you rock my world.
That sounds very interesting, to say the least
Cool mission! We failed Smile
At least one of the LDs was flipped. And which support option should I select? There are two option - Laser guided bomb and guided bomb (or something like that).

(04-16-2015, 09:30 PM)Variable link Wrote:Cool mission! We failed Smile

Good (on both ?)

Quote:At least one of the LDs was flipped. And which support option should I select? There are two option - Laser guided bomb and guided bomb (or something like that).

Damn, I tested all of them.

TBH, I am not sure what guided does. I have tried laser guided and those are very accurate.

(04-17-2015, 12:50 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Good (on both ?)

Damn, I tested all of them.

TBH, I am not sure what guided does. I have tried laser guided and those are very accurate.
I'd add a clarification in the briefing on what exactly to use, or remove the other type from the available ammo. also I think it's better to remove all the AT mine fire mission and all the other stuff that isn't relevant for this mission from available fire missions on the artillery menu.
Updated on the server. Changelog:

- Teamleader has additional UAV terminal and a Laser designator
- Removed all ammo types from the Paladin except for Smoke, Guided, Cluster and Laser Guided. Added extra two rounds of laser guided.
- Replaced VDV patrols with Vympel Group Spetznaz for additional badassery. Added requirement "Massi Russian Units".
- Moved time to just before dawn so that headlights are visible to make spotting easier (and Spetznaz sneakier)
Version on the server updated. Changes:

- Fixed: Disembarking infantry triggered mission end.
- Fixed: BLUFOR sites now only spawn when players get close to reduce lag
This mission has huge potential!

Suggestions:
  1. Add the option to fall back to a rear defence line. To facilitate, have some fixed AT positions at the rear and maybe allow the choppers to sling load some equipment or vehicles (with zero fuel!) to the back.
  2. Consider removing the fail trigger unless a significant amount of armor manage to break through.
  3. Scatter some stashed vehicles around the map to allow the players hasty retreat to the rear line in case all air assets are destroyed.
  4. Add some AT mines (not too many) for the players to place in critical crossroads.
  5. Add a limited number of artillery fired AT mines.
  6. Add one more laser designator to each team to allow effective split up.
One bug:
As the UAV operator, I was able to connect to only some of the remote designators. One of them (one of the easterns) was flipped.
Oh yeah, I just remembered that when I opened the UAV Terminal and looked at the list of available vehicles to connect to, there were only 4. I'm pretty sure there's more than 4 LDs. Is this a range thing, bug or feature?
(04-27-2015, 11:08 AM)Variable link Wrote:Add the option to fall back to a rear defence line. To facilitate, have some fixed AT positions at the rear and maybe allow the choppers to sling load some equipment or vehicles (with zero fuel!) to the back.

I can try that, although I am not sure it will be possible to reach this position fast enough if they are starting to get through. In any case, the line is pretty wide, and vehicles pressing through in the far south will be a major issue.

Quote:Consider removing the fail trigger unless a significant amount of armor manage to break through.

It already is like that. I think at least six tanks need to break through. Given that there is a total of 20 armored vehicles, I thought that would be a decent number (more than a quarter breaking through). I checked when the mission failed, there were at least 8 or nine vehicles in the blue area.
Quote:Scatter some stashed vehicles around the map to allow the players hasty retreat to the rear line in case all air assets are destroyed.

Can do. I can add a few civilian vehicles around houses and towns.
Quote:Add some AT mines (not too many) for the players to place in critical crossroads.

Check.
Quote:Add a limited number of artillery fired AT mines.

Check. I wasn't sure how powerful these are, so I wanted them out of the way.
Quote:Add one more laser designator to each team to allow effective split up.

Yeah, I only gave the team leader one, will add one more.

Quote:One bug:
As the UAV operator, I was able to connect to only some of the remote designators. One of them (one of the easterns) was flipped.

The flipping over is probably unavoidable. It never happened when I tested them, and their low frame shouldn't really make this a likely thing to happen, but apparently, it is somewhat dependent on luck.

I have no idea why you couldn't connect to all of them, might be that the range is something important, but if so, I don't think I can change it Sad
(04-27-2015, 11:38 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Oh yeah, I just remembered that when I opened the UAV Terminal and looked at the list of available vehicles to connect to, there were only 4. I'm pretty sure there's more than 4 LDs. Is this a range thing, bug or feature?

No idea what is going on with the crates. I used only global variants of functions to pack them, so it shouldn't really happen. No idea how to fix it either Sad
Updated the mission on the server. Implemented all the proposals done. Let's see how that works.
*sigh* I am getting increasingly agitated by this mission. Yesterday I observed some of the tanks and they were creeping forward at snail's pace,, while one or two of the BMP's zoomed past us and were at the main base in no time at all. I might have overstretched the whole thing.

Variable proposed to show the position of the armor on the map as some sort of satelite feed. I said I might also give players control over a flying UAV to spot the targets. At this point, I am frankly no longer sure what to do.

What do you guys think? UAV? Map Markers? Maybe give the option of a "real" satelite feed? I wonder if the RHS Apache can lock its Hellfires onto a laser target, or the Blackfoot. Alternatively, replace one of the choppers with an A-10.

I'd be grateful for any hints on how to fix this mission. Otherwise, I might just scrap it.
Missions in such a wide scope are bound to be a design challenge. It's already very entertaining and there's no reason to scrap it. Far from it. It has a very special feel for it, it demands planning, thinking and skill to complete and it is very immersive. Those Russian Spetsnaz  were awesome. They snuck up on us and shot me dead with a silenced rifle. Exactly what such a SPECOPS team would have to do in such a scenario.

I say only add the position of all convoys on the man, accessible to all players. Everybody's already got a role in this mission, whether it's commanding, piloting, operating remote designator or launchers, so I wouldn't add  UAV flying to the list. Also because it takes skill to operate one to cover such a wide are and keep all the convoy positions updated, and I expect it to be very challenging for the most of us.

Seeing the positions of the convoy would allow the players to focus on how to stop them and at the same time will make planning more effective and entertaining. The remote designator a will not be used for spotting, but for laser designating only, which is a good thing. Each one's in-obscured FOV is too limited for effective spotting anyway, and if the convoys positions will be marked the players would have to figure out which one of the LDs would have to be used to LD an incoming convoy, and plan ahead on what the part of road will be used for LDing. That sounds like a very cool activity to me!

One small issue I noticed - the enemy helicopters just stopped moving after a while, and kept on hovering at one point.
Pages: 1 2