Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: End Game Event?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-14-2015, 01:45 PM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love a TvT with no respawn tho. Respawn makes me feel so cheap Smile and players tend to behave like kids with water guns Big Grin

Totally agree. I do it too when there is no consequence to death. I would however like to see respawn IRL. Would be fun  Big Grin
Maybe we can add a respawn timer to a few minutes, or limit the number of respawns per person -- or both?
TvT? great! I was always wondered that CiA may not like TVT missions as I always saw ourselves in coop missions.
(04-15-2015, 08:26 PM)FlashPoint link Wrote: [ -> ]TvT? great! I was always wondered that CiA may not like TVT missions as I always saw ourselves in coop missions.

So far we didn't play TvT (I think in the very early Flashpoint years of CiA they also played TvT, not sure). In general I prefer to play competitive modes against people I don't know.
So Endgame, we tried it. It was interesting at first, a bit confusing. I thought it was quite fun to begin with but once the uploading phase began it was quite evident that this is just capture the flag. The presence of virtual arsenal makes every one kit out with scopes and stuff like that. Basically you turn into a bunch of snipers (me too). And the god damn respawn, I fuckin' hate respawn. It's seems to me that this mode was made for the more casual players transitioning into Arma from Battlefield or something.

Now I'm not opposed to playing some PvP once in a while, on the contrary I think we should. But I want something a little more tactical, with more substance and meaning. For that why don't we just make our own missions? Some of the best mission makers around plays right here. I'm sure they could come up with something. You know who you are *wink*wink* (I wish I could but sadly I can't make missions)

In Endgame the mix of PvP and PvE was quite interesting but not done in a way I really found cool. I would propose the following for example. Let's say a 15 player mission, a defense mission. 10 players have to defend an outpost from lesser armed insurgents until extracted by air. They are heavily outnumbered and mixed in with the AI are the remaining 5 players. Trying their best to make the defenders fail the mission. I don't know, could be quite interesting.

As for Endgame, not my cup of tea and I don't see myself wanting to play it again any time soon. If people who didn't get a chance to try want to do that I would be willing though
I think that it's an interesting concept, and would've helped if we still have night equipment however it needs some more improvements imo.

-Restrictions on gear. I agree with McGregor about the virtual arsenal and scopes.
-I also dislike the respawn to an extent
-16 people.

Wished there were some more optional parameters too.

I did have some fun though due to the unpredictable player behaviour. Some of the ambushes and stuff were fun too.

Was interesting and funny to try something new but as soon as you start looting your own body you know something is wrong.
Once you start respawn loop everything fades away.
This is not for me.
I like TVT or PVP in relatively short, objective oriented missions with no respawn.
I dunno, I kinda liked it based on the fact that I recognized it's supposed to be PvP mayhem, I disliked the intel area markers and the intel carrier being shown on HUD at start but the alternative is to look for a guy hiding in one of the 1000 buildings in Kavala. Kinda reminded me of GTAIV multiplayer.

I'd like to have the revive as a module, it's basically farooq's revive script with some HUD cosmetics but better than nothing for simple missions (as long as you can configure it).

I prefer that either everyone has access to scopes or no one, otherwise its that one sniper guy that has all the fun with kills.

I think a main base only respawn would have been better, respawning on squad mates is great if you like to play on a non-stop tempo but in our case the squadmate respawn resulted in fighting each other around the same street for 10-15 minutes at the end since as long as one guy survived, you could clear the area.

Do we wanna try more TvT? I did also experiment with making A3 respawn/pvp missions, I guess something kinda like CoD2/CS/Insurgency no-respawn TvT or longer respawn timer/less spawn options would be our cup of tea.
If we want to try more PvP we might have a look at Tactical Battlefield Mod, or Project Reality if it ever comes out.
To be honest, I'm not so very keen on TvT missions. If we do go that route, I would like to definitely have the majority of missions pure coop.

The occasional TvT I wouldn't mind, of course. Tactical Battlefield might be a good mission for that, I agree...

What I usually hate about those TvT mission is the inherent need for respawn. If it's base respawn, I can live with it. In fact, it adds another layer of logistics to the gameplay (helicopter pilots needed for transfer to the front and all, maybe even slingloading vehicles to the frontline and so on).

In general, though, I think we're too few to play missions who's scope is like that (including logistics), so we might end up just playing TvT missions that are just "battlefield-alike", if you get what I mean.

Also, the emphasis on Coop must remain. Otherwise, we might also attract the wrong kind of players in the long run.
I had fun in End Game last night until the the respswn cycle kicked in and I agree with Varanon. Hardcore Coop should stay the bulk of CiA game style. 
Can we edit  respswn completely out from end game?
(04-17-2015, 02:56 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Can we edit  respswn completely out from end game?

Can't access the mission file since Marksmen DLC is in .ebo format (at least on my end)

Though weirdly my Heli DLC files are in .pbo that I can access, even though I only bought Karts DLC so far.
(04-17-2015, 02:05 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the emphasis on Coop must remain. Otherwise, we might also attract the wrong kind of players in the long run.

I totally agree. That's why I came here in the first place. Personally I'm not interested in the classic tug of war, capture points back and forth gameplay that most PvP/TvT mods/scenarios offer. To me that just feels like playing Battlefield but in Arma, and that's not what I'm looking for in Arma.

I do however think that incorporating some PvP into regular coop style missions (like I mentioned) could yield some very interesting results. Technically it would still be coop missions and they just might add the possibly of epic Arma moments. It might require a small degree of "role playing" from participants, but that's stuff that I like and find interesting
I kind of agree with all you guys.
The reason i got a PC and started playing Arma was because i got sick and tired of instant action war games.
But i still think that some sort of fast paced PvP every now and then would be fun.

The thing I really liked yesterday though, was the car chases. But that could be accomplished in coop missions aswell, i think.
I had the feeling, that the first phases were merely a warmup since it didnt seem to me like the second phase was even counted and it just switched to uploading stuff at some random point.
Pages: 1 2 3