Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Co-12 Telemetry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: PCBis2zm.jpg]

My newest coop for 12! Featuring voice acting, it is set on Proving Grounds. I don't think it is difficult but it should provide a different kind of situation we are used to.
Variable if you need me to add more players I definitely can.
Hopefully we can play this on Sunday, in which case I'd like it if you could record it Variable!

A recent detonatioon has been detected by seismographs in a depopulated part of Kazakhstan. A flyover by a KH-13 satellite confirmed an underground detonation of a non-nuclear, kiloton-rated exotic warhead through the emergence of a large crater. A second flyover revealed a massive build-up of Russian military forces in the area, presumably to assess the impact and aftermath of this new type of warhead. Considering the lack of intelligence on this new weapon, the Joint Chiefs of Staff are worried. The DoD has ordered a raid to gather soil samples from the blast site. A team of Navy SEALs were inserted by an MV-22 but were met with large caliber arms fire and large infantry opposition. All units are KIA. They have left an engineering UAV on site with which to collect the samples, as well as an Mk6 mortar for support. You will be dropped in with a CH-47 towing a Stomper RCWS. We suggest you get in, collect the samples and get out as fast as you can.

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=435349720
Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15837607/co12_spx_Telemetry.ProvingGrounds_PMC.pbo
The mission sounds fascinating SPhoenix, can't wait to try it!
I try to process it (namely remove the briefingName so it will show as its file name, we do that to all missions we upload). However I can't seem to be able to unpbo it. CPBO gives an "unknown block in header - aborting" error message. It usually not a good sign. Can you look into it?
(05-02-2015, 08:46 AM)Variable link Wrote:The mission sounds fascinating SPhoenix, can't wait to try it!
I try to process it (namely remove the briefingName so it will show as its file name, we do that to all missions we upload). However I can't seem to be able to unpbo it. CPBO gives an "unknown block in header - aborting" error message. It usually not a good sign. Can you look into it?

The mission is binarized, using Mikero's latest tools can upack it.

Wasn't necessary though since there is no briefing name. I uploaded it, just had to correct the name.
Good man, thanks.
Yes I used Mikero's MakePbo, as for some reason every time I exported it using the editor, trying to load it as a local server crashed it (unexpected file size or something like that).
I don't know what caused it. It is making me wonder whether the Steam Workshop version will work...
Uh, you can export the mission as a .pbo from the editor.
Yes - that is what caused Arma to crash.
Oh sorry, missed that part. That's a weird one.
Good mission SPhoenix! Keep them coming!

1. Apparently there was respawn, better remove that.
2. I suggest you mention somewhere in the briefing the engineering team is piloting the chopper. It took me some time to realize I have the controls once inside the mission hehe.
3. I think you should tell the players how many samples they need to collect. It has the advantage of keeping them motivated towards the goal ("good, we are halfway there") and there isn't really a reason to keep that information from them. I suppose that in real life scenarios like that you need a certain weight or amount of samples and that weight or amount are known when you embark on the mission.
4. The attack by the enemy BTR was great, need at least two more like that, the process of collecting the samples is rather "mono" for the engineers...

That's the feedback I can give as an engineer, that also acted as the commander of the mission (a mistake in retrospect, having to be inside the crater, I had no direct impression of the situation outside of it). I'm looking forward in the debriefing thread how the mission unfolded for Alpha and Bravo.
Thank you very much for the feedback, Variable!
I have updated the mission accordingly - see the first post for the download links.
Thanks SPhoenix, new version uploaded.
Updated for removal of unnecessary dependencies.
Updated!