Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Co-14 Extreme Measures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

[Image: t0kPkqPl.jpg]

H[size=1em]ey guys, I'm republishing my coop for 6, but now for 14![/size][size=1em]
It is featuring an extra objective and some heavier presence on the island, but not necessarily more difficult altogether - the mission is already very difficult to begin with!

I also asked my favorite voice actor, whom you have heard as "Exile" in my mission Telemetry, to re-record the lines of the mission!

Summary:[/size]

[size=1em]After NATO's retreat from Stratis, CSAT has bolstered its defenses and has evacuated the remainder of the civilian population. Keeping a close eye on the situation, USMEDCOM has determined that a number of enemy WMDs (designated as "Earthquake Devices" as per Cpl. Kerry's report) are parked on the island, awaiting transport to a foreign country. In conjunction with JSOC, the CIA has decided to act before the devices are moved. The two CIA operatives on post on the island will welcome a fireteam from the 10th SFG and assault the designated positions using Small Unit Tactics, and diversions in order to avoid direct confrontation with the bulk of the enemy forces. Your way out is a civilian chopper evacuating the population. It is leaving in two hours and won't return for days... [/size]

[size=1em]About the mission:[/size]

[size=1em]Designed for 14 players, this Cooperative mission will test your tactical skills. Use maneuvering and hit-and-run tactics to successfully destroy your primary objectives and exfil the area before the time runs out!This mission was made with flexibility in mind. You can choose to be stealthy and limit your engagements to the absolute minimum, or you can go in guns blazing and face overwhelming enemy forces and show your skill.[/size]

[size=1em]The mission features FHQ Task Tracker and Psycho's Wounding System. No external mods are required.[/size]
[size=1em]Please message me for any bug report and/or feature request.[/size]

[size=1em]Available through Steam Workshop and as a standalone download (Dropbox).
[/size]
What are the player classes and groups for your mission?
Two teams of seven.

Each team is made up of two CIA agents with long range silenced weapons (supersonic bullets though!) and a fireteam of five SF: one team leader, two operators, one medic and one weapons sergeant with a machine gun.

You all start out with little ammo, the SF team leader has a silenced MXC, the SF operators and medic have silenced Vectors.

People have complained about the lack of transports too, so I added vehicles here and there. Gotta fight for them though Wink
Good call SPhoenix, from what I remember from this mission it's better to play it with more players. Uploaded!
Would you like me to remove the six player version?
Sure! I'll probably remake the six player version into something more fun (not to mention doable...) but at a later stage. I really don't think 6-player missions is the priority right now!
I cant help but think to myself: Stratis? nobody uses that map, the terrain is just bland and empty, it would be hard to come up with a mission where Stratis presents itself as a better location for the objectives than Altis or the AiA maps.

Maybe its just my perspective though. Aside from maxwell, rogain, airstrip and possibly the spherical radio station, there ain't anything i can think of doing much with.
I'm not quite certain where it would work better on Altis. If you think of one, please let me know!
No no i think you have an original concept here and you should stick with it. I studied architecture a while back so i always approach my missions with a designer's mindset, sorry if my analysis seems strangely off course.
Some of the best missions I ever played were on Stratis.
Let's face it - Stratis has larger forests than Altis Smile
Yeah forests, valleys and mountains. Which makes up 90% of the geography of Stratis.
(05-17-2015, 09:28 AM)Watchmen link Wrote:Yeah forests, valleys and mountains. Which makes up 90% of the geography of Stratis.
Well, that is IMO a step up from plains and brick fences in Altis.
Sphoenix don't forget to add to your init

{_x setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true]} forEach allUnits;

to make the ai shutup because they will call out enemy positions and disrupt radio conversation
That doesn't work in ArmA3 and doesn't do that. It disables asking AI about enemies and weather in ArmA2.
Is it? sorry but it seems to work for me. What is the proper code then
Pages: 1 2