Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: New mobo+CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I took a look at tomshardware for recommendations.

i3 4170 BOX, Haswell
ASRock Z97 PRO4 LGA1150 ATX

?
i3 Won't do too good for Arma 3 I think... It's a buget CPU for a reason.
Agreed, I would go i5 as a minimum
Core i5 4460 BOX ?
A quick comparison put along side my 2500k the 4460 is a little better. But it should be mentioned that I have mine running at 4.8Ghz. All and all I think it looks like pretty good value for money if you really need a processor NOW. If you don't then I would wait for newer models.

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/493/Int...-4460.html
Ideally get i5-4690K, it has 4 cores, 3.5GHz, turbo 3.9GHz, best value for the money and it is 50 eur more expensive than 4460 (better board graphics if you ever need it for backup in case discrete GPU fails).
ASRock Z97 PRO4 or Asus Z97-P?
The one with better features: onboard sound and usb/sata ports
I couldn't find any meaningful difference between them. Get cheaper one or get Asus, they always make good quality stuff.
(06-08-2015, 03:57 PM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]Get cheaper one or get Asus, they always make good quality stuff.

Asus is the cheaper one. :p
(06-08-2015, 03:57 PM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't find any meaningful difference between them. Get cheaper one or get Asus, they always make good quality stuff.

Seconded. I'm a fan of Asus, and usually buy my stuff from them.
+1. I've done three builds with Asus Z97 boards in the last year and had no problems. Asrock do make some good boards but they also make some not so good ones with corners cut, so you need to research more thoroughly before buying Asrock.
Installed Core i5 4690 and Asus Z97-P with GTX 770. There was a slight mess with the mobo and HDD and I ended up reinstalling Windows without reformatting, so all my files are still in place, but now I gotta do the Windows Update/reinstall all my stuff routine.
Pages: 1 2