Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Co-18 Approaching Kavala
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Awesome concept for mission, but the same few comments as others.  Far too many RPG gunners...it seemed like about 30-50% of total enemies had RPGs which is extremely unrealistic.  Also, framerate during the mission was extremely low even on a high-end SLI rig, somewhere around 25-30 FPS dipping even lower at times.  Not sure if that is UPSMON but it makes it borderline unplayable at times.

Also, as the sharpshooter I found it extremely hard to properly utilize my rifle given the amount of dense fog.  I ended up seeing this most of the time and this is from 500 or so meters away:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.co...FB66158F0/

Also, once it gets dark (which is not too long), the scope is basically useless.  So it might make sense to edit the weather settings for a bit more visibility, or have a different rifle/scope.
I agree with what was said, only that I would say lose 90% of the RPG gunners. It's insane, we were literally swimming in RPG's. I went in search of NVG's up on that one hillside, and literally each of them had a Titan or RPG-32... Just way beyond what is realistic, or doable with the APC.
Idea:

If AT-gunners are editor placed consider putting:

Code:
removebackpack this;

to init fields of at least some of the units. That turns the RPG a single shot weapon. It is still a threat, but bit more balanced now.

Biggest problem with vanilla AI CSAT AT is that AI very rarely misses a static target and hit accuracy is 99% up to 600m. In this mission APC has to support infantry, which means it moves, holds still and scans, moves, holds/scans.  Suppressing AT gunners help, but suppression has to be reasonably accurate, and it fades away very quickly.

Finally got around to updating that one!
Balancing issues should now be resolved. I've turned down the difficulty quite a bit but it still should be near-impossible!

Let me know how it goes!
Uploaded!
Pages: 1 2