Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Help with Mark4 HUD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I notice the mod is configured to bring the display by pressing your binded command mode key which by default is ~. Everytime i press ~ to display the names it brings up the annoying command menu.

Is there a way to bind the MK4 Hud display key to another function control such as look around which is my Lalt key,  or not bind it to any of vanilla control key bindings but on a separate button like F10 or something.
Not really. It is set up this way. I could modify it to allow binding to another key, if there is sufficient interest in it.
Could you teach me how to do it, it's to much for me to ask for a public release I just want to customize it for myself. I find a cluttered hud really distracting so I hope you understand my reasons for wanting to change it.
You could try to rebind the command mode key?

Controls > Command Set > Commanding ?
I don't want it bound to the command mode key because it brings up an annoying menu that blocks my sight
(06-02-2015, 06:57 PM)Watchmen link Wrote:I don't want it bound to the command mode key because it brings up an annoying menu that blocks my sight

Yes but why not rebind the command mode to ¬ + Alt or something so menu won't come up with m4k.
Mark 4 display is bound to the command mode key you bind in the controls menu, whatever it is~ by default. Rebinding the key simply will not chNge anything. What I am asking alw for is how to configure mk4 hud to be bound to another control eg: Free look
(06-02-2015, 06:47 PM)Watchmen link Wrote:Could you teach me how to do it, it's to much for me to ask for a public release I just want to customize it for myself. I find a cluttered hud really distracting so I hope you understand my reasons for wanting to change it.

If I were to explain that, it would be much less work to do it myself.
I willl learn it myself then.
(06-02-2015, 06:39 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Not really. It is set up this way. I could modify it to allow binding to another key, if there is sufficient interest in it.
I'd quite like it if it could be changed to an unused key (well I'd like to keep using Space but without that having to be bound to command mode). Sometimes it would be nice to leave the names displaying as it doesn't show anything if I press space whilst free looking, only if I trigger it before I freelook and that command menu does get in the way.
(06-02-2015, 07:21 PM)Watchmen link Wrote:I willl learn it myself then.

As far as I know, it's bound to the resource that is used for the command popup, so I doubt that you can simply just change the key without using the command key. In other words, this is going to be more that just changing the key number or similar, but requires you to largely rewrite it.
(06-02-2015, 11:27 PM)Varanon link Wrote:As far as I know, it's bound to the resource that is used for the command popup, so I doubt that you can simply just change the key without using the command key. In other words, this is going to be more that just changing the key number or similar, but requires you to largely rewrite it.
Yeah, it's an onFrame handler that checks commandingMenu on each frame. Watchmen, no offense but this isn't as simple as exchanging a letter somewhere. It's not difficult, especially if you know what you're doing, but it is à bit more elaborate than what people usually think.
I'll give it a go, I've always enjoyed learning new skills and a challenge  ;D if anything goes wrong ill just download it again.