Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: New Terrain @ E3!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wish for some rivers and lakes
(06-08-2015, 03:39 PM)Watchmen link Wrote:I wish for some rivers and lakes

Dito. Lakes would be a good start, running water was already said will not happen.
(06-09-2015, 12:42 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:Dito. Lakes would be a good start, running water was already said will not happen.
I suppose waterfalls are out of the question?
Pretty much, yeah. Someone found a fix for the lake problems, so I guess lakes will be back in the next CUP Terrain pack, maybe even in official content, but they ruled out any sort of flowing water, unfortunately. Especially infuriating if you see that VBS3 has it -_-
Thing I wan't so much that even new terrain couldn't satisfy me more would be to have ability to see other players inventory in the mission planning screen. It would make mission planning phase much more easier for me. I guess it's not that hard to implement?
(06-09-2015, 04:57 PM)Misha link Wrote:Thing I wan't so much that even new terrain couldn't satisfy me more would be to have ability to see other players inventory in the mission planning screen. It would make mission planning phase much more easier for me. I guess it's not that hard to implement?

Seconded, it really is a must-have.
TBH i don't expect anything jaw dropping like a snow map or alpine or bayou. People are gonna be like meh.... it's okkkkk....now if we had far cry 4 type of mapSmile
(06-09-2015, 04:57 PM)Misha link Wrote:Thing I wan't so much that even new terrain couldn't satisfy me more would be to have ability to see other players inventory in the mission planning screen. It would make mission planning phase much more easier for me. I guess it's not that hard to implement?
I agree and in fact I'd say we should be able to view each slots loadout in the slotscreen, so that people can check what weapons they'll have to use before slotting. Would be much better use of the screen than showing everyone's ping IMHO. Even games like Battlefield recognise this.
Looks like there was a leak that got closed quickly
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2950676

Imgur album with leaked pics
http://imgur.com/a/jx4lD
Oh baby, that's lush! I think it's the island from Lost....
As somebody pointed out, there is a crashed WWII fighter plane in the jungle picture, around the upper left corner of it. It's hanging in the tree there, you can see the front section and propeller and one of the wings.
(06-09-2015, 04:41 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Pretty much, yeah. Someone found a fix for the lake problems, so I guess lakes will be back in the next CUP Terrain pack, maybe even in official content, but they ruled out any sort of flowing water, unfortunately. Especially infuriating if you see that VBS3 has it -_-

Yeah looks great! The new terrain could use running stream since it has a jungle environment.
Looks like we get the same improvements! http://imgur.com/a/jx4lD
I find it hard to believe the current engine could produce anything looking that good, so maybe the expansion will come with a new engine.
(06-15-2015, 07:42 AM)Kenwort link Wrote:Yeah looks great! The new terrain could use running stream since it has a jungle environment.

It won't. They already said that running water will definitely not be in.
From what I understand, water reflections will be in (they are visible on the screenshots), but nothing beyond that was confirmed. Running water was definitely confirmed to be not included, sadly.
Pages: 1 2 3