Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: 30 min mission pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm starting a new series of missions titled "30 minute missions", which, as the name suggests is a series of short coop missions that take no longer than half an hour to complete for medium to large sized groups. Each mission will have the tag "30M" at the front of its name for easy classification. These are some features of this mission series:

-Simple design and objectives
-No revive system
-Infantry focused
[size=1em]-All players are on the same faction[/size]
-Action begins within 5 minutes TOPS
-Starting points among teams will be different occasionally
-Mission start to finish will take no more than half an hour, meaning the scale of the mission is small

Other authors are welcome to contribute to this mission pack and submit ideas. Enjoy!
Sounds great, bring them on!
Reminds me of the FHQ "Snack Pack", our second Coop pack for Arma 2. All missions where short, like 20 minutes or so.

So, good idea Big Grin
Backs against the sea CO-15

Fight by the sea as you advance up a tombolo(beach formation) against enemy forces to eliminate an enemy outpost by the sea on Altis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tombolo

Main attack force - 8
Heavy gunner team - 4
Medic support team - 3
Sounds good. Uploaded! Watchmen if you are intending to have multiple missions on this thread please use the first post only for removing old versions and uploading new ones, so that the OP includes the latest versions of all missions.
I dont understand, you want me to put all the *latest updated files on the first post? So like many many attachments at the top.
Yes, unless you want people to collect the latest editions by moving through pages of separate posts. Here's a good example of how it's done on Fuiba's  campaign thread.
co15_30m_backs_against_the_sea.altis.pbo
I don't think this one is possible given the resistance. Maybe with a mortar or an armed vehicle... I don't know.
One more general comment - the text that shows at the beginning of the mission. Put it somewhere else, in the bottom right corner it's just getting blocked by TFAR init message.
Also, I don't know if it was intentional, but we started outside the chopper, and it hovered above us until we moved away.
Yes the chopper was just for immersion. I'm swamped at the moment in real life so I'm really hard presses to find time for mission planning and making, yeah sorry if it took longer than 30mins. Did you finish it?
No, see my reply above.
Backs against the sea co15

Changed starting position
Removed nearly a third of enemy units to make game easier
Re-positioned remaining enemy units
Added supply box
Removed the attack boat

Factory defence co14(new release)

CTRG and NATO defend Miller in an abandoned factory from csat forces while medevac arrives. Altis.

-Updated files will be attached in OP from now on and. Will improvise when reaches more than 10.
-Also anyone please give feedbackSmile
Both uploaded!
Considering how backs against the sea and other previous missions went, i think i will cut back on enemy forces to players ratio since my judgement seems to be unprecise
There's another option of adding more firepower to the players; in the form of static weapons, mortars, CAS (AI controlled or player controlled), or vehicular. Of course enemy numbers can be tweaked down as well but I think it makes the mission more exciting when the odds are changed to the favor of the players with more firepower.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7