Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Back Home COOP15- Ep.15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Episode 15. Last episode from The Dawn of NAR campaign.

Brief
Bring peace back home, face your nemesis.

Features
Mission type: Search and eliminate
Terrain: ALTIS
Required: @CUP, @ASDg_JR, CBA_A3
Post-apocalyptic atmosphere

Download
http://game-comics.com/missions-arma3/co....altis.pbo
Uploaded!
One piece of criticism about this mission: There is always a problem with going into a repeat loop, which is what happened here. Move to a spot, stay there for a minute, repeat. There was long downtimes between hotspots in which we basically set in trucks, striders or iffrits doing nothing. I am quite sure Lego had a blast as the gunner of the technical, but other than that, nobody else had a lot to do.

Actually, since I was using a Beta-C magazine, I never reloaded in almost 2 hours of mission, and had around 30 rounds left when we finished.

I woiuld *severely* cut down on the number of spots to visit. Make it three, four at most. If you cut this out, the mission is fine, the assault on the village and the castle was fine (although I would have preferred a better closure), but the stuff before that was way too long and uneventful.
Adding to what Alwarren said, I support the idea of making it shorter. The view of the volcano was spectacular, but it generated the impression that we were railroaded to a set of vistas.

I would cut down on the sites as well, three or four at max. And I didn't get the end  Big Grin
I agree with you guys. I knew is something fishy while i was working on the mission but my nose was too close to the wall to see clear. I'll reduce the number of sites and make it faster somehow.

Also sorry for the lag near the factory, i used a bigfire thing from ARMA attached to a helipad, and despite i used that before in some ocasions i never noticed it gets multiplied by the number of players, thankfully we didn't have to spend too much time in the area. I'll replace that with a particle script of mine.

@Varanon
Ending is a bit unusual and weird. And the dam general didn't stay in one place, he went out for a hike Big Grin
He shouldn't have done that, i had to enter an area my self to trigger the ending, otherwise we wouldn't have the ending Smile)
I'll revisit set captive thing to see how can i make him stay in one place Smile

Thanks for the input guys!
(06-19-2015, 02:12 PM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with you guys. I knew is something fishy while i was working on the mission but my nose was too close to the wall to see clear. I'll reduce the number of sites and make it faster somehow.

I know too well that sometimes what looks good on paper turns out to be problematic when implemented, just look at Bloodlines - I still don't have a clue as to what to do with that mission.
Bloodlines is great. Stop bitching about it!
(06-19-2015, 03:11 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Bloodlines is great. Stop bitching about it!

So far, it didn't work out very well.
I haven't play last version of Bloodlines. Did you win it?
(06-19-2015, 02:12 PM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]i used a bigfire thing from ARMA attached to a helipad, and despite i used that before in some ocasions i never noticed it gets multiplied by the number of players

I think you should look into locality a bit more, is there stuff being broadcast/synced with everyone? Because we had desyncs on and off, worst was at that volcano, everyone moved 20m back and forth for me until we got out of there.
Thanks Outlawz, i'll look into it.
Updated. Same link as in OP. Thanks!
Uploaded!