Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Counter timer for the next coop night live on the website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Works here as well! Did you make it using JS only?
Mostly it's JS yes, but I need the server time from php for this to be accurate for everyone, independent of yous system clock. And php has some awesome time functions that saves a lot of headaches. For example:
Code:
$nextcooptime = strtotime("this Thursday+20 hours")
Gets the timestamp of the next coop on thursday Smile
Fixed some stupid sorting bug (the next coop night was always a sunday) and added it to the main site.
The placement of the countdown seems a bit off .. May I suggest placing it in a single horizontal line under the "More than a decade of ultimate hardcore..." banner area. I'd also suggest making some visual reference to it, possibly a different color than white to distinguish it from everything else?
I agree about the alignment, It's hard, because I can't right-align it becasue the whole line would move with every second...
Puting it below the tagline only works for the homepage, the other pages will have a weird alignment then.
Maybe put it in a fixed position either left or right of everything. This way you can't fail to spot it while browsing the web pages.
Maybe remove the upper title? "More than a decade of ultimate hardcore coop experience, join us for Arma 3 coop action".
Pages: 1 2 3