Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: New mission by IronDuke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

Here's a copy of my new steam workshop mission "Anvil 2.7" co op 10. This version features alwarrens fixed version of psychos revive. I tried to figure out the use of FHQ tasktracker but failed miserably twice, if someone could help or add it in if you wish to use it thats fine. Currently set up with modules, that were working on the dedi test tool, but who knows?
The mission features a spetsnaz raid at the dead of night on an enemy signal station at devils castle and onto ambushing a convoy, with an optional objective to take out a patrol station. You have 45 minutes until the convoy arrives near the castle. uses:
Massi spetsnaz +weapons
AiA terrain pack
RHS

I planned to play a little more but the summer hols  Smile [size=78%] started and not always around at the times! [/size] Sad

Thanks
Iron
Here's how I set up FHQTT, its quite simple.

In init.sqf I have

Code:
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt.sqf";
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "briefing.sqf";

For briefing and tasks, I fill in what I need in that briefing.sqf

Code:
[
   west,
      ["Background",
         "."],

["Mission",
         "."]

] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

[
   west,                                                           // Filter
       ["task1",                              // Task name
         ".",                   // Task text in briefing
         "",                     // Task title in briefing
         "",                                 // Waypoint text
         getmarkerpos "obj1"                                 // Optional: Position or object
                                          // Optional: Initial state
        ],

["task2",                              // Task name
         ".",                   // Task text in briefing
         "",                     // Task title in briefing
         "",                                 // Waypoint text
         getmarkerpos "obj2"                                 // Optional: Position or object
                                          // Optional: Initial state
        ]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Replace west with whatever faction the player is.

Make sure you don't add an extra comma at the end of each [] before call FHQ_TT_addBriefing or FHQ_TT_addTasks. Use commas to separate in betweens. [/code]

From my experience with the task modules, it gets very buggy and sometimes update twice or some players will be able to see it and others won't which can be very problematic.
(08-06-2015, 06:20 PM)Iron Duke link Wrote:I tried to figure out the use of FHQ tasktracker but failed miserably twice, if someone could help or add it in if you wish to use it thats fine.

Since I wrote it I might be able to help you there Smile
Damn, how I missed that thread! Thanks IronDuke, mission is hosted on the CiA server. Did you receive the help you required?
I too heartily condone using TaskTracker, even if it can be intimidating at first glance. It is worth going extra mile to get it working.  Seriously. A3 modules brings bad voodoo to a mission.

Most common TT errors for me are missing commas and quotation marks, but it gets easier when you get a template to work on (example provided by Phantom above)

Just make sure you have fhqtt.sqf and briefing.sqf in your mission root, and then compile them like Phantom suggested.
Anvil was great Smile
Cool mission, there should be more Spetznaz missions Smile
Very nice mission, although a bit too easy.

If you want to, I can help you get the extraction chopper to come in and pick everyone up instead of the standing helicopter and radio trigger.

Also, any questions on FHQ TaskTracker, I'll gladly help with-
Not to hijack the original, but I too would be very interested of robust extraction helo script ^^
I'll crwate a sample mission
Varanon, post it as a topic and we'll sticky it.