Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Subscripe to Arma Mods on Steam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, would doing this be a good idea? I've seen a few mods that we use on the Arma 3 Workshop on Steam, and I wanted to know if there was any risk of things being messed up. Does anyone have any experience with doing this?
Actually nevermind, I realized subscribing to the mod puts the mod onto my SSD instead of my HDD which I'd rather not deal with. I'll just stick to downloading everything manually.
Just going to bump this up. I don't use workshop to subscribe mods myself but does it work well enough for the mods that are on there and manual download for ones that aren't on workshop? Just asking for reference in case someone else wants to use workshop since someone did asked me about this.
(08-15-2015, 10:51 PM)Phantom link Wrote:Just going to bump this up. I don't use workshop to subscribe mods myself but does it work well enough for the mods that are on there and manual download for ones that aren't on workshop? Just asking for reference in case someone else wants to use workshop since someone did asked me about this.

Yeah. You subscribe a mod, it downloads into the Arma 3 folder like a normal mod. Launchers will see it there.
I guess the main concern would be if we're using a specific version of a mod and Workshop forces you to update to the latest.
(08-16-2015, 04:34 AM)doveman link Wrote:I guess the main concern would be if we're using a specific version of a mod and Workshop forces you to update to the latest.

Yeah, specific version does not work on the workshop. Which is a damn shame
If you unsubscribe, will you keep the addon until you manually delete it? Then just resubscribe when update? (IMO, more pain than its worth, i might as well manually download if I do that)