Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Winter is coming!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Awesome mission. Perfect lighting to not use NVG and great atmosphere.
Thats a great setting for a campaign. I was hoping for more missions on Thirsk island for a long time and now my dreams have come true  Smile

By the way thats one of my favorite songs!
I was at the shooting range entire day and missed CiA COOP night. Thrilled you guys liked the mission.

Did you use illumination flares or was the mission doable without?
I fired all my illumination grenades and also used two that I nicked from dead Russians. Although the lighting was already good, it helped us mark enemy positions and detect others. Also, it's so cool... Especially in the snowy environment. Bear in mind that I use the Zeus KLS flare addon. The vanilla flares illumination is shit.
Minor changes to some of the winter missions due new RHS patch. OP's updated.
All missions updated. Don't worry about the file size, but if you'd like to decrease them, you may consider mixing all audio file stereo channels into mono, that will significantly decrease the file size and with negligible effect on quality. In any case, I'll see if I can increase the file size attachment limitation on the forums.
EDIT: Attachment size threshold increased.
New episode for 14 players released. OP updated.
Thanks! Uploaded. Can you update the OP with its description?
Beta version for next episode COOP18 released. OP updated.
Further episodes in this campaign are making my hairstyle look like Agent 47. If you don't mind, I would appreciate design feedback about Winter's Fury CO18 before releasing it in workshop. It was played last thursday (I think!). For some reason my LR didn't work, and I wasn't able to figure out what kind of a fuster cluck it was for other teams. Some core feature scripts also didn't work because I released it without testing and I got unusually strange vibes out of this mission. 

Couple of questions:

1. Tank support? Asset or hindrance? More vehicles? Less?
2. Related to above. Would this be better as pure infantry for immersion/cohesion?
3. Was it too easy/difficult? Fun or frustrating (in bad way)
4. Frame rates?

Appreciated! -Stag
1. Tank support? Asset or hindrance? More vehicles? Less? I think that it was good as it was.
2. Related to above. Would this be better as pure infantry for immersion/cohesion? No, any pure infantry scenario without support vehicles is too plain and unrealistic.
3. Was it too easy/difficult? Fun or frustrating (in bad way) It was challenging but not too hard. A mission that is accomplished with 50% casualties is a sign for a thrilling one. The mission was challenging but not too hard.
4. Frame rates? I don't remember any slowness, but that differs between players.
Thanks for feedback Variable! Much appreciated.

New episode, Winter's ground, COOP18 (19 with Z) has been added. OP updated.
Uploaded! Thanks Stagwine, looking forward to it.
Beta version of new episode released. Server & op updated.
New episode, Winter's pack co@10 uploaded. Server/mission list updated.
Pages: 1 2 3