Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Switching to dev branch for tonight's game!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

All, please switch to the dev branch for tonight's game (Thursday, October 15). We would like to check the new stamina system and provide BIS with quick feedback. We will allow people who miss this announcement to switch at the beginning of the scheduled session, it shouldn't take too long with a reasonable internet connection.

Here's how to switch to dev branch:
Right-click on the "Arma 3" in Steam, go to Properties, go to the Beta tab, switch from "None" to "development". Wait for the game to switch, and you are done.
How will the mods work? I was thinking of joining tonight
No change to the mods.
Takes 30 minutes with 10mbs, luckily I was home when I read this, otherwise my usual late would be later than late.
Won't be here because school of course, but we keeping devbranch for Sunday session and the ones after? Is there a way to make a copy and keep both devbranch and current?
(10-15-2015, 03:46 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Won't be here because school of course, but we keeping devbranch for Sunday session and the ones after? Is there a way to make a copy and keep both devbranch and current?

Use GameUpdater from the Arma 3 Tools
good thing i left my pc running and got teamviewer at work ... i guess i will schedule my after work beer for 8pm then ^^
Is there anyway to speed up armasync download speed, i dont think i can join in time if i continue at ~30kbps
Why don't update via Steam directly, might be faster if connection allows.
How do you download mods through steam? I got a pretty good steam download speed around 5mb stable
Sorry, was thinking you're somehow updating the game, not mods, via ArmaSync.
Good thing that I saw announcement. 2.2GB will take me me 1 hour to download.  :-[ .
ok, bad news, dedicated server on dev branch doesn't seem to work (even with no mods on server and client). Throws some Eden related errors in the RPT. Reverting back to stable.
What changes did you observe besides the stamina bar?
Never got that far, the server didn't work.

I have had a personal look at the fatigue. I think it is horrible. You can run for eternity, in any stance, without ever getting exhausted. Only sprinting draws stamina. I wonder who thought that would be a good idea.
Pages: 1 2