Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Down with EnableAttack!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Although I am very happy with the AI performance since we switched to ASR AI, there's one thing I can't stand and that is seeing scattered AI units moving about, detached from their team. It seems like this happens more often than not and it's high on my immersion breakdown list.

I discussed this issue on the ASR AI thread, and several people claimed that disabling the "EnableAttack" command would prevent the AI leaders to issue "attack" commands ("2, attack soldier") and by that the AI will not break-off formation to engage.

Outlawz7 claims that it makes the AI easier targets since they are mostly grouped up, especially for HE ammunition such as M203 grenades. However, for that I say - 1. We are mostly grouped up  and HE ammunition is lethal towards us as well, and 2. The incentive to prevent the AI scattering is high enough to limit HE ammunition or remove it completely. 3.Not all the AI groups must have that command disabled, a mission could

I'd really want to try at least once playing a mission that has that command disabled. What do you guys think?
Honestly, I have no experience with this command. It might also remove the ability to attack at all completely... I might experiment with it a bit.
(10-21-2015, 11:45 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I'd really want to try at least once playing a mission that has that command disabled. What do you guys think?

I can issue the command at the beginning of a round via console.
Let's give it a shot and use CSI for a testing ground for a start Smile