Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [COOP 16] Home Unlimited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I always like mazes. Maybe I'll wait for 3D editor before I do that. There's some other stuff I want to make first though. Right now... I'm swamped with school work because group projects are full of unreliable assholes (except for one guy who's overkilling this so I'm not leaving him behind)
To make the maze you have to design the maze before making it in the 3D editor. Sketch a plan view on a piece of paper with a meter scale before doing it digitally it will help alot trust me, ive tried designing mazes before.
I'd rather make it on paper anyways.
Finally I got a few brief downtime to update the mission really quick.

New Update:
- Fixed up weapon parameters
Weapons are now classified as the following:
* Pistols (None or All)
* Shotguns (None, No AA12, All)
* SMGs (None, WWII, All)
* Rifles (None, ARs Only, Lee Enfields Only, All)

- Added New Parameters
* First Aid Kits (Default 1)
* Throwable Grenades (Default 1)
* Throwable Mini Grenades (Default 1)
* Throwable Smoke Grenades (Default 1)
* Throwable Chemlights (Default 0)
+ Can be set from 0-10

- Added deletion during enemy spawning to check if the enemy is badly spawned, they will be deleted and the spawn will respawn them somewhere that is more proper. Enemies shouldn't be spawned more than the specified spawn parameter + 100 meters.

- Added if (isClass blahblahblah) before each hasWeapon that has an addon. I thought that'd be quicker. I don't know.

The enemies spawning too far away from spawn should be fixed now. I'm not sure about invisible guns, but tell me if you do see it again. I wouldn't know how to replicate that.

Next update would be figuring out Poisson Discs once I get the time... but I shall be swamped again with deadlines and finals in 2 weeks for school :o . Hopefully this new group rotation may be better, but for my software design class I have doubts. I should've taken the 10 AM discussion instead of 9 AM since I know more people in that one :/ ... I've been stuck with some shitty teammates for the first group.
Found the culprit to invisible weapons bug
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22694

If you or enemy wear Business Casual suit and tie, P07, ACP, or Rook 40 will be invisible.
Yet another update. Ditching Hackathon after last batch of food run and going home to work on Arma mission was worth it Smile . I got some real stuff done (Arma) instead of throwing on some prototype that is just going to rot and die.

- Added parameter to select spawn type
+ Spawn Anywhere OR Predefined Locations (Spawn anywhere basically find any buildingposition and you'll be there. Sometimes you might spawn under a bridge in water, but you should be fine. I handled overlap checks in the code too). Predefined Locations are probably one of those 169 positions I obtained. I won't be doing this for Altis except for cool places since Outlaw's right, use code to automate rather than do a pain in the ass procedure.

- Removed NikosAgedBody because you can't see your gun with that model for whatever reason. See ticket post above.

- Added wait 10 seconds before allowDamage true just in case

The next time you guys play, please give me feedback/notes on the following if you can Smile (I should prepare for full release soon when I get around to that and port over to Altis)

- Default parameters for FAKs
- Default parameters for Throwables (Grenades, Smokes, etc. Should I change the defaults)
- Do enemies or you still carry an invisible weapon (I notice it was for NikosAgedBody, but not sure about the rest. See ticket above)
- How well does the current Completely Randomized without my predefined selected location spawn works.

* Seems like from my testing. The current spawn a marker anywhere randomly on the map have a high preference for coastal area. As a matter of fact, it seems to always be on a coast for me.
* Known Issue: Can't use grenades. I have to drop them on the floor then pick them back up to be able to use them.
So defaults
1 FAK
1 RGO Grenade
1 RGN Grenade
1 Smoke
0 Chemlights

good?

I'm thinking of keeping those defaults or making upping to 3 FAKs or I might leave it as 1, I don't know. I'm thinking of upping player's default armor to Medium (tactical vest) and add 1 chemlight as default (in case you guys set the time of day to night, although I can just leave this at 0 and let players tweak themselves only if night time).

For spawns, did you use NearestLocations and get an array of all the locations in the radius then use NearestBuilding from there?
I'd remove hand grenades from defenders entirely.

Imho the true spirit of this scenario is to wake up at night and dig up your stash of hardware in haste as the pawns of Illuminati-NWO-Burger King are coming for you, and what is even worse, they are coming for your guns. Thats what happens when your tin foil insulation isn't solid enough. Best stereotype home-defense hardware is rifles, shotguns, pistols. Rifles without fancy optics, and perhaps bit older models. Say..standard M4 clone, FAL, Lee-Enfield or bulk AK. FAK-chemlight-tactical vest bought from surplus store all makes sense, but HGs are pretty rare home defense tools, even in conflict zones : ) At least they shouldnt be in everyones inventory.

I'd still go for few handpicked locations in Altis.
I guess I should make a parameter grenades for enemies and grenades for friendlies. Default 0 for friendlies, and give a couple grenades to the enemies. Hand pick locations are optional in the parameters and so are complete random. You can set the parameters accordingly.

Yeah for guns I don't have machineguns or anything. If you enable assault rifles then you can have M4s, AKs, and stuff. I think I did throw in a SCAR or something too, but default rifles are Lee Enfields only.
Quick fix since I didn't have time to check on more stuff before coop nights start
- PB 6P9 missing ammo fixed
- You probably won't need to reload your weapons anymore at start but you still have to click F to pull it out
I assume the Marshall uniform might be causing Evans to go naked in the mission. That uniform requires the Kart DLC so I'll remove that in case people may not have the Karts DLC, they may end up naked. I guess I can't add uniforms for DLCs people don't have? If that's incorrect of me, then I don't know what happened.
No idea about DLC, but adding a uniform of a different side is a problem, you need forceAddUniform for that.. I think my console generated scripts already do that, though
I always use forceAddUniform by default.
Updated Mission
- You don't need to reload your weapons at the start anymore.
- You don't have to drop grenades on the ground and pick them back up to use them anymore. They should work properly now.
- I used uniform addMagazineCargoGlobal now so your uniform should contain more things than it can carry, but I need to leave some space in the vest for addMagazine to work or else you won't get your grenades and loaded gun (if someone happen to decide to max out their grenades in the parameters)
- Fixed missing ammo for CUP CZ Duty pistol and PB69P
- Removed shorts and sandals
- Split weapons, throwables, and FAKs parameters to player and enemy so you can set what players have and what enemies have separately.
- Added hintSilent for missing weapons or uniform. If someone happen to be naked again or has no weapon, you should see a hint appear on your screen with the classname of the missing item. Some might get overlapped by the latest one if it happens, but if for any reason you guys see that pop up. Notify me so I'll know what's broken to fix it Smile

Note: You still need to click "F" or whatever your switch firemode key is to pull your weapon out at the start.

Future plans: Add a few more random spawn location options for parameters. Once that is done and working, I'll port the mission over to Altis.
(12-01-2015, 12:02 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Note: You still need to click "F" or whatever your switch firemode key is to pull your weapon out at the start.

I think you can fix that with selectWeapon
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/selectWeapon

I had a mission in ArmA2 where I cleared and added a new loadout in the middle of the mission and had to use switch weapon key to draw the weapon out until I added selectWeapon at the end of the script.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5