Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [COOP 16] Home Unlimited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: vpvtTaR.jpg]

Background: Home Unlimited is a randomly generated mission where players spawn inside a house and must eliminate all the murderers that are trying to kill them. Players and murderers will also spawn with a random gun (depending on the mission parameter and addons loaded).

Murderers wear balacavas and bandannas (or any sort of mask) while friendlies don't.

Players are split into 4 groups of 4 and will spawn in the same house and in the same area next to each other.

Parameter Settings:
Day Time Hour
- Time of Day (default is 5 AM)

Overcast
- Overcast (default 25)

Spawn Type
- Random Marker-Based: A random marker will appear anywhere on the map. Players will spawn in the nearestBuilding of that marker. This method tend to favors buildings on the coastline.
- Random Locations: Select a random location from nearestLocation then creates a marker around that location.
- Random Creator Defined Buildings: Players will spawn randomly in any hand picked location by the mission's creator.
- Default = Random Creator Defined Buildings

Spawn Range
- Used with Random Locations option for Spawn Type. It will spawn a marker randomly from the center point of the location as far as the spawn range is specified.
- Default = 300m

Amount of Enemies
- Amount of enemies that will spawn around the house.
- Enemies are spawned in groups of 4
- Default 60

Enemy Skill
- Set AI skill values
- Default RANDOM (this means that any enemies that are spawn have a random skill between 0 and 1)

Start Range
- How far enemies start away from your home
- Default 300 meters
- Note: Enemies spawn in all directions around your home unless the ocean prevents them from spawning there.

Enemy Mask
- Whether murderers wear any kind of masks (including bandannas) or Shemags and Balaclava only (cover whole face)
- Default: Cover whole face

TFAR Radio
- Disable/Enable TFAR radios for players. If disabled, then players will just have to shout.
- Default: Enable

PLAYER: Armor
- What kind of armor players spawn with
- Default ("Medium")

PLAYER: First Aid Kits
- How much FAKs to start with
- Default: 3

PLAYER: THROWABLE: Grenades
- How much RGO Grenades to start with
- Default: 0

PLAYER: THROWABLE: Mini Grenades
- How much RGN Grenades to start with

PLAYER: THROWABLE: Smoke Grenades
- How much Smoke Grenades to start with

PLAYER: THROWABLE: Chem Lights
- How much chemlights to start with
- Default: 2

PLAYER: WEAPON: Pistols
- Default: ALL PISTOLS

PLAYER: WEAPON: SMGs
- Default: ALL SMGS

PLAYER: WEAPON: Shotguns
- Default: NO AA-12
- Requires: CUP, RHS US Army, Massi Weapons, or HLC AK

PLAYER: WEAPON: Rifles
- Default: Lee Enfield ONLY

ENEMY: Armor
- What kind of armor ENEMYs spawn with
- Default ("Very Light")

ENEMY: First Aid Kits
- How much FAKs to start with
- Default: 1

ENEMY: THROWABLE: Grenades
- How much RGO Grenades to start with

ENEMY: THROWABLE: Mini Grenades
- How much RGN Grenades to start with

ENEMY: THROWABLE: Smoke Grenades
- How much Smoke Grenades to start with

ENEMY: THROWABLE: Chem Lights
- How much chemlights to start with

ENEMY: WEAPON: Pistols
- Default: ALL PISTOLS

ENEMY: WEAPON: SMGs
- Default: ALL SMGS

ENEMY: WEAPON: Shotguns
- Default: NO AA-12
- Requires: CUP, RHS US Army, Massi Weapons, or HLC AK

ENEMY: WEAPON: Rifles
- Default: Lee Enfield ONLY

Note:
- Press "F" or whatever your cycle weapon key is to pull out your weapon at the start.
- Stratis have 169 handpicked locations.

Steam Workshop Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=573771551 Altis
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=572485037 Stratis
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=760668401 Tanoa
Sounds great!
Right now, all players and enemies only have 1 FAK, no smokes, no grenades. I'm wondering if I should add grenades and stuff or not, but I'll think about that later.
Can't load any Massi weapons for some reason... fuck it, I'll deal with it later...
Fixed Massi Weapons not appearing. Enjoy your MP40s & Stens Smile

WEAPON: WWII SMGs
- Default: YES
- Requires: Massi Weapons

HYPE HYPE HYPE  8)
sounds like quite some fun Smile
Mission updated
- All game logic objects has been converted to 10 CM Spheres.
- All 10 cm spheres (representing one of the 169 spawn locations on Stratis) will be deleted after players spawn.

I assume empty objects such as sign objects 10 CM spheres should use less resources than game logic location objects? Nevertheless, I'll delete them all at the end.
Cool mission!
1. We had AA-12 although it was removed in the parameters (two lines mentioning shotguns there, maybe that'st the problem)
2. Some enemies had invisible weapons.
3. Some enemies were positioned at the airfield although we were far at Girna.
2) Not sure exactly what is causing enemies to have invisible weapons.
3) How many enemies spawn at the airbase even though you're in Girna and did they drop dead there? I notice on super probelmatic spawns such as peninsulas, when the selection picks somewhere on a shore or the middle of the water, the enemies would spawn at airbase in midair, drop and die. Around player's position, enemies should spawn NWES, and NW, NE, SW, SE at about X meters away from the player depending on parameters. Sometimes if the area is water that got picked (and I made a check to exclude water to lower the probability of problematic spawns). I don't know a way around that so that'll be a known issue. I assume they'll drop dead if they did spawn there.
(11-06-2015, 09:44 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]3) How many enemies spawn at the airbase even though you're in Girna and did they drop dead there?

There were two groups of four, not dead. One group was running towards Girna but never made it even half-way to it.
Ok. I just tested it out and I made players spawn in the building in Girna surrounded by the most shores. I had about 3 groups spawned at the airbase area dead. Seems like on local, they glitch spawn in midair and drop dead while dedicated server they spawn alive.

Some shore areas get glitchy that way with the spawn (I used safeFindPos or whatever that command was called, forgot the name). If you spawn in the building of town where you're completely surrounded by land, I don't see this problem happening, but then shore line towns, it'll happen with a few units. Bad peninsula will always have this issue so I avoid those altogether.

I'm thinking a work around for that problem would be to add a command to delete units that spawned too far from specified location.

As for invisible weapons on enemies. I have no idea.
(11-07-2015, 06:42 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]As for invisible weapons on enemies. I have no idea.

Maybe it's HLC weapons? We don't run those addons.
(11-07-2015, 07:51 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's HLC weapons? We don't run those addons.
I was thinking about that too. Damn, I thought it would ignore it with the isClass parameter if it returns false.
Would you ever consider doing something like this for a huge maze in the virtual training map where the fights are true cqc and room clearing battles.

I tried a few workshop missions with the same idea, a 20mx20m room with training obstacles scattered around and plenty of enemies inside gives a very enjoyable cqc experience, you have to lean and use tactical pace and all that. No grenades of course, maybe flashes?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5