Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CiA_Fatigue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
'wassup Smile

Here's the first version of the Fatigue mod (I refuse to call it "Legacy Fatigue" because, fuck you Stamina). This is more or less a straight copy of the sample (minus a bug fix which I think will make the thing fail with Respawn, but since we don't use it I could have as well left it as is).

Right now, the values are like the good fatigue system. The bar is still there, but it works slightly different:

The bar will start white, then orange, then red. Like the vanilla stamina bar, the right end of the bar will show whether you are losing or gaining stamina:

[Image: CynPoqL.png]
The bar will be full only if you are naked. As soon as you carry equipment, your base stamina will be lowered accordingly. That means that the bar (like in the vanilla stamina) will not start at the left edge of the display but rather in the middle

You will gradually slow down while the bar is white. Once you can no longer sprint, the bar will turn yellow. Once the bar turns red, you are exhausted and can only walk. Exhausting yourself take a long time unless you are an ammo bearer. In all of our coop nights, I doubt we ever got past "tired" (the inventory load calculator says tired).

Regaining stamina/getting fresh again takes around 90 seconds.

What we can modify:

The following parameters can be tweaked:
  • Point were sprinting and running is disabled
  • Stamina drain from terrain gradient
  • Animation slowdown (when and how much)
  • Weapon sway caused by exhaustion
  • Total amount of Stamina
  • How long stamina takes to regenerate completely
  • Stamina drain for EACH INDIVIDUAL ACTION, like going prone, standing up, changing stance etc.
Note that I would prefer to stay away from the latter. The file that controls these aspects has around 17000 lines of code, and I really, REALLY don't want to mess with it Big Grin
Stamina is largely controlled by a script. I looked at it and I might be able to fix the AI not lowering their weapons, I am not entirely sure though if lowering the weapon can be scripted. If it can, I can make the AI do it when they are not in danger mode, which should help with them keeping up.
Anyway, give it a try and let me know your thoughts.

Update: New version attached
Alwarren rescues us once again. I think we shall have to knight you and have a whip round to buy you a white horse Wink
I guess I can remove ST Stamina Bar now? I did like that one. Its not intrusive at all. Anyways, great work Big Grin
Alwarren, you are my hero.
Is ST fatigue bar still functional? And the weight indicator in the inventory view? I would like to remove the stamina bar and work with them combined like I did before. Any limitations in doing that?

Edit: Also, have you added a server check?
You are legend Alwarren!!!!
Is there any way to disable the "official" stamina bar? I'd much more prefer to use ST Stamina Bar
Can someone link me to the main BI feedback thread on the stamina system for the steady branch. I'd like to see what the community thinks and can't seem to find it. Thanks.
(12-09-2015, 09:11 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Alwarren, you are my hero.
Is ST fatigue bar still functional? And the weight indicator in the inventory view? I would like to remove the stamina bar and work with them combined like I did before. Any limitations in doing that?

The weight indicator seems to work, so I would guess that ST Fatigue also works still, but I haven't tested that yet.

Quote:Edit: Also, have you added a server check?

Not yet. I wanted to make sure that we use it before I modify the server side addon. I'll do this today.

@Watchmen here.
(12-09-2015, 09:12 AM)McGregor link Wrote: [ -> ]You are legend Alwarren!!!!
Is there any way to disable the "official" stamina bar? I'd much more prefer to use ST Stamina Bar

No idea TBH, it might be possible. You might also try to move it off the screen.
Thats for the developer branch, im looking for the stable branch feedback thread

Edit: is it the same thing?
(12-09-2015, 11:23 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]No idea TBH, it might be possible. You might also try to move it off the screen.

Thanks for the tip. I tucked it away nice and snug in the bottom right corner. Out of sight, out of mind  ;D
(12-09-2015, 11:51 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Thats for the developer branch, im looking for the stable branch feedback thread

Edit: is it the same thing?

Of course it is, it was first released to the dev branch and is now part of the main branch.
Also, please use a separate topic for that, it's off topic in this thread.
Awesome work mate. Can't wait to test this in action!
Good job!

Now let's get fatigued!
Quote:(minus a bug fix which I think will make the thing fail with Respawn, but since we don't use it I could have as well left it as is).

I hope you mean Base respawn, we still have missions with Side and Group.
(12-09-2015, 03:53 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you mean Base respawn, we still have missions with Side and Group.

Yeah, base respawn. The type of respawn were you actually die and come back with default loadout.
Pages: 1 2 3