Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Green monster co17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the the overhauled version of my old mission green kraken with several changes. Removed the sailing journey, start just off the coast, move inland and complete tasks. Please delete old version of GK on the server.
Thanks Watchmen, Green Kraken replaced with Green Monster. Since it changed, what is the one-line description of the mission now?
Advance and secure the airport
updated. corrected various errors. advance and secure the airport then destroy the tigris.

Wow we have a lot of new missions to try this week from different authors, cant wait to start
Updated!
I know this mission is a bit long and has a crazy walking distance since infantry teams cant ride in the apcs safely, but i can't do anything about that,the distance between the coast and the airport is fixed so i tried to balance it by adding more player assets. That still proved to be insufficient because the apc's get destroyed relatively easily and there were insufficient AT armaments.

I thought this might have been a little tougher than some of us like but i think it was still enjoyable if only enemy armor was less of a threat because we found ourselves lacking launchers several times. If anyone is still crazy to want to try this again because we were so close to the end, i made some changes; players have better AT capabilities, supplies for spare missiles/bags/equipment, removed the MBTs, changed spare ai slots to be playable(still 17 slots but you can jip after death), start inside the apc(starting outside was on purpose for the infantry to gauge distance to the shore), airport is less defended, less enemies at various spots

Variable if the map markers are still wrong this then the version of the mission you are looking at is 2 versions outdated. Strange, it seems to be the correct one under my scenarios tab, and the attachment on the first post said 0 downloads at the time i post this, maybe you were uploaded the old version because they had the same name? I'm not sure whats going on, anyway this should be the latest version now, i will download it and play the pbo file to check.
Mission updated!
Have you fixed the lag we had towards the end? It started for me next to the repair truck and got worse gradually.
(12-14-2015, 08:36 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Have you fixed the lag we had towards the end? It started for me next to the repair truck and got worse gradually.
investigating.
I've searched and checked but i can't find anything that would cause the unusual intermittent lag, it should function like my other missions unless they all have the same problem which i am unaware of. Could have been caused by something else other than the mission file.
(12-16-2015, 04:38 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Could have been caused by something else other than the mission file.
The cause is definitely in the mission file.

I noticed bird flocks continuously spawning next to Monster 2. Maybe it's related.
Only birds in there are an animal module at the start, they are not attached to anything. I didn't experience lag in fact my frames jumped to a constant 50 plus right where everyone said it started to lag