Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: What is correct way to create PBO of mission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Not sure I am doing this the correct way... to get the PBO of a mission, if I export to multiplayer the folder is too small to contain any media... however, if I save as then send as email, I can email myself the pbo file which is now the size I would expect...

Is there a better way of doing this?

...Im still having problems with getting my server to work... so not sure if getting the pbo from sending the email is causing me any issues...
(12-20-2015, 11:00 AM)treendy link Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I am doing this the correct way... to get the PBO of a mission, if I export to multiplayer the folder is too small to contain any media... however, if I save as then send as email, I can email myself the pbo file which is now the size I would expect...

This shouldn't happen. Is your mission name long? If so, it might have created a folder with the same name shortened to a certain amount of characters. In any case, there is no way that export to multiplayer would not save everything except this case.

Quote:Is there a better way of doing this?

You can give Kegety's cpbo a go, or try Mikero's tools (which aren't quite trivial to set up). I use the latter, although I usually just export the mission to multiplayer (Mikero's tools are almost essential for modding Arma 3).

Quote:...Im still having problems with getting my server to work... so not sure if getting the pbo from sending the email is causing me any issues...

No, it isn't. The mission dependencies are embedded in the mission.sqm, so even if only that is exported, it will always be the right mission.sqm. Your problem lies elsewhere, see my reply to your other thread.
Thanks, the key in your reply was mentioning the missiom name.... what I was doing is save as export to multiplayer and entering a different name... this is why my folders were empty : )
(12-24-2015, 07:32 PM)treendy link Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, the key in your reply was mentioning the missiom name.... what I was doing is save as export to multiplayer and entering a different name... this is why my folders were empty : )

glad I could help Wink