Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: COOP 18 Wild Fliers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paying homage to wild riders, but with a C-130 this time. I started this a few months ago, but got busy and put it aside. I wanted to make this since C-130 on RHS was a nightmare to take off last time, so I decided to make a mission where you literally crash and blow up your C-130 instead. Since this is an homage to wild riders... and I got a little side track while working on this and want to get it done with, prepare to get murder. Hopefully, I didn't overdo it :o plenty of ATs and AA in the base. You can steal enemy vehicles before they get their first too (A-10s, apaches, bradleys at your disposal Smile )

Mission: Crash the C-130 anywhere.
Hijack some US vehicles in Loy Manara airbase while you're at it.
Terrorize and survive US reinforcements for 30 minutes.
Prepare to reach the afterlife and get 72 virgins.

Situation: Our breathens had opened our eyes to the message of Allah under Wahhabism Sunni Islam. As we tried to plot out a scheme in order to wage jihad against the infidels world, we managed to hijack a C-130 on the way to Loy Manara in Takistan under Allah's blessings. Loy Manara airfield is occupy by infidel US forces. Because there are no easy opportunity to strike infidel civilian who rejects the teachings of Allah due to tight security, our breathens decided to crash the C-130 at Loy Manara and wage jihad against the US Army instead.

Enemy: US Army

Required Addons: - RHS
- AiA TP
- FHQ Accessories (optional)
Sounds cool! But, what prevent you from getting killed when crashing?
Just eject and open your parachute or another feature RHS have is go to the back of the cargo doors. Open the doors, walk out the plane, and open your parachutes.

I'm experimenting with this so not sure how this will go. Sucks to be an AI though.
(12-23-2015, 10:34 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Just eject and open your parachute or another feature RHS have is go to the back of the cargo doors. Open the doors, walk out the plane, and open your parachutes.

I'm experimenting with this so not sure how this will go.
Sounds great to me!
Alright, I updated the mission briefing to try to sound more like a jihadist. I changed the slotnames to Jihadi ____ (insert name here).
When the mission finally gets underway with a bazillion tracers etc, FPS (for me atleast) is unplayable. 2 FPS for majority of time whilst shooting.

I think mission might need some tweaks with number of infantry and such.

I really like the concept and it seems like great fun though.
I'll add corpse manager and wreck maanger in in that case and add disableRemoteSensors true;

Did you guys "beat" it?

Or did the enemies overpowered you?
(12-28-2015, 02:31 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]I'll add corpse manager and wreck maanger in in that case and add disableRemoteSensors true;

Did you guys "beat" it?

Or did the enemies overpowered you?

Nope, enemies overpowered us I guess.  :'(
Damn, I read the SWEC start time 22:21 - 22:51 and thought you guys might have beat it.... or well, I guess almost.
It was 30 mins, but we didn't trigger the alarm for some time. Me and Phoenix almost made it flying around in the Apache, then I got cocky and hovered for too long and got shot out of the cockpit. I think we also discussed the fact you can beat the mission by doing nothing for 30 minutes.
Added disableRemoteSensors true, corpsemanager, and wreckmanager.