Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Prodigal Son [COOP 9]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Situation:
CIA Asset "Bishop" has gone rogue and is cooperating with local guerrillas in arms and drug smuggling in northern Pakistan. The US President has authorized the liquidation of "Bishop". Your Force Recon team has won the distance lottery and are re-tasked with conducting the operation.

Island: FATA
Saddle up. Lock'n load!
I noticed while uploading to FTP that this mission's prefix is co@9, shouldn't it be co@09?
Thanks for the pointer, I have made a few fixes to the mission anyway so I will re-upload
About adding a marksman on this mission, I'm a bit on the fence with this one. If anything for Force Recon marines, I'd just add an M14, but at the same time I like how you're forced to go close and personal with silence M4s to take out the BMP crew which was effective and part of the fun/challenge.

Adding a crate with an IGLA/Strela or some AA infantry somewhere I'm ok with in the case that raiding the BMP did fail, there's at least a crate to fall to in attempt to take out the Hind (maybe only 2 missiles so if you screw up those 2 shots that's it I guess).

My 2 cents.
(02-15-2016, 06:30 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]About adding a marksman on this mission, I'm a bit on the fence with this one. If anything for Force Recon marines, I'd just add an M14, but at the same time I like how you're forced to go close and personal with silence M4s to take out the BMP crew which was effective and part of the fun/challenge.

I'd add a dedicated marksman with a DMR. If I were to do things more realistically, then everyone would have ACOGs since the USMC almost entirely switched to ACOGs.

Quote:Adding a crate with an IGLA/Strela or some AA infantry somewhere I'm ok with in the case that raiding the BMP did fail, there's at least a crate to fall to in attempt to take out the Hind (maybe only 2 missiles so if you screw up those 2 shots that's it I guess).

Problem is the insane reaction time of the AI flares. You really need two fast consecutive shots to hit it reliably.